Register To Comment
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Team Pushover: Build Log

Scarrosaki
    If no luck on the Devo7e, I'll be bringing a second one with me. If you want to use that one, be my guest

Awesome stuff Scarrosaki, really appreciate the offer, obviously i’d Like to get my own working because Pullover is as yet untested, I don’t even know if it works

Feels good to have a backup though, cheers my guy!

Scarrosaki
    Quote Originally Posted by Retroman View Post
    Awesome stuff Scarrosaki, really appreciate the offer, obviously i’d Like to get my own working because Pullover is as yet untested, I don’t even know if it works

Feels good to have a backup though, cheers my guy!
    No worries dude, give me a shout at the event if you need it and we'll see if can get it running. If you've got a bind plug though bring it, as there's a good 70% chance I'll have lost all of mine

Funny enough, the bind plug is currently plugged in...

If I have to wait until event day, I’ll have to manage, it *looks* like it will work, and it’s within size (same body shell as last time) and only about 130g minus 2 screws... so it passes every check except the figure-8 right now

So after narrowly averting disaster with the Devo 7e (I wiggled the power switch ) we now have 2 fully functional ants again!

Pullover weighs in at a hefty 129g ready to fight, I'm thinking of adding a scalpel blade to the grabber for grip and some putty for ballast under the nose, but that's all we'll need I think. It currently can wheelie on command and rocks back right up onto the rear wedge section, without the undertray it actually flips itself up onto its rear .

specs: 2s 330mah LiPo, NanoTwo, Lemon RX, Vex29 weapon controller, 700g+ (part charged atm) force at grabbing tip, still too fast for my terrible driving.

DerpWej is slightly porkier at 143g and now its stopped tearing its lifter motor off is also 100% fighting fit... if ugly as sin...

Specs: 2s 330mah LiPo, eBay antweight dual ESC, flysky rx, can lift 750g

Both fit (just) in my 97mm build cube, so breathing room for tech check.

Not as neat as last time, but also not wired up backwards , 1st pic is Pullover on left, DerpWej on right. Pic 2 is the underside of Pullover showing the ridiculous 65x55x25mm space I wanted to cram everything into, because I'm silly.

botfest lineup.jpgIMG_0188.JPG

Scarrosaki
    Awesome, looking forwards to fighting them!

How's Pullovers weapon working now, iirc last time you were having problems with some horrific lag on it?

Ah yes, that lag was... interesting...

i timed it when I got home, from pressing and releasing the stick it was 0.6 secs to move and almost 1.4 to change direction, but now it snappy and responsive, so much so that I want to add a dead band to make it less twitchy, good power now too.

I seriously question whether DerpWej is even remotely competitive, I think our front angle is a little steep, but it pushes like a tank.

anyway, bring it on! I’ve lost to you before, I’m sure I can lose to you again

Botfest 3 today, and mixed results for Team Pushover...

Pullover performed very well, let down only by the nut that was holding the controls . On out 3rd attempt, we finally scored (lucky) win against Bodacious Fyraan-Gaaris, and went on a good run managing to beat a few others, although lost to both Voodette, and Janet Street Porter. Ended up out in the heats but finally seem to have the robot working as it should, except when it died randomly - never just works well does it? So I have a loose connection and a dodgy power switch on the Devo.

As for Wej… well... it's going in the bin. It. Was. Terrible. I managed to be embarrassingly and overwhelmingly beaten by almost everything, I did score 3 points after Psycopathy (I think) gave up. Turns out we have some serious design flaws, with the arm down it was too narrow to push, the arm itself had to be shortened for the box and ended up too steep, and with the arm up it wheelie'd everywhere and left enough room under the front for a small car to park up. Pants.

Also shout out to Kev with Spinnahhh, I fitted a bulldozer scoop to Wej for the rumble, which he proptly chewed off, followed closely by the wires to the weapon motor!

There are plans afoot however, find the loose connection on Pullover, fix the Devo, replace Wej (Spinner perhaps?) and crack on with Pushover and see if we can't have something to display next time.

Enjoyed my little self though!
    Last edited by Retroman; 14th September 2019 at 19:37.

McMullet
    Quote Originally Posted by Retroman View Post
    Pic 2 is the underside of Pullover showing the ridiculous 65x55x25mm space I wanted to cram everything into, because I'm silly.
    Did you use CAD (compression aided design) there?

Quote Originally Posted by McMullet View Post
    Did you use CAD (compression aided design) there?
    I wish there was some aid... it’s turned into a freak show where I need 3 thumbs, 6 fingers, the planets to align and to hold your tongue *just right*, ideally needs a rewire to fit the new shape, but I’m lazy...

On a side note, I think I’ve found the loose connection, it seems to be the plug onto the rx carrying the bec, this particular receiver is destined for PushOver, and is a bit too big, so once my pinless rx arrives I’ll do said rewire and need less interference from the gods to get the bottom on

Also, has anyone repurposed an electric axe mech to use as a flipper? It will give me a better layout for the PushOver regarding removable body panels for access (if my pencil tells the truth anyway). Thanks.

Register To Comment