Register To Comment
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Team Pushover: Build Log

Yeah we had no smoke, and the fuse went instantly so no time to get hot, I should have the time spare tomorrow or Monday to find out... I wonder if they're in stock... you know, just in case.

Team Kaizen

From a conversation I overheard at Ant Freeze 6, no. The problem is that the receiver used on the NanoTwo is not in stock at the moment. If you contact Rory on here, he might be able to shed some light on that.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Boom! Cheers James, I'm not on Facebook anymore so I hadn't seen That, good to know... and hopefully I don't need one quite yet anyway... valuable to know though.

Ang while I'm on, quick teaser for Wej, a polycarb front hinge flipper with a target flip of 350g at the top most extremity, if I can get my set up to work fast enough I *should* be able to launch another ant pretty effectively, it's purely experimental at this stage but looking reasonably positive, pictures as soon as it's worth looking at!

In all honesty that's how I got the one I have, it said in stock so I just bought one ha. Cheers for keeping an eye out too!

But yeah, that faceache thing is toxic...

IT LIVES!!!!!! sort of...

Reversed the polarity and pit it back how it should be, and everything kind of works, the Vex29 is snappy and responsive, the grabber moves faster than I thought it ever would and it grabs with 750g or pressure at the tip, I'm delighted!

But now for the kind of, the NanoTwo didn't seem to survive so well, it's obviously receiving and processing the signals, but the motors will barely spin even with full stick movement, and I *think* it was beginning to get warm... damn...

Bad Wolf
    Glad its kinda of working mate! Fingers crossed its saveable!

Im re-thinking my orignal idea of making an Ant weight version of Bronco, but this time Im going to have it printed out instead of making it the size and weight of a ugly tank haha

Bad Wolf

Mmm... I think the NanoTwo is toast if I'm honest, I might try and get hold of Rory through the week for a professional opinion.

Just been checking out the CAD in your post, looks good, what internals you going to be using? Sticking with 4wd?

So, no update for absolute age, sorry. Team Pushover has been at a standstill over the summer, this being a responsible adult keeps getting in the way.

Pullover is now on version 4, and I was hoping that at Botfest I could throw it in the arena with everything 100% working (previous 2 versions have all had some pretty serious weapon issues)… but even now it. wont. work. Having replaced the cooked NanoTwo with the latest version and a new receiver, my Devo 7e has decided to spit it's dummy out instead... great...

Wej the experimental front hinge monstrosity is hiding on a shelf as my building abilities and available materials can't get it below 212g whilst being stable enough to stay in one piece, so it's replacement entry for Botfest will be DerpWej, a hideously ugly and poorly build lump with a monster lifter.

As the 2 previous events the "Flagship" of the fleet is the better made of the 2, but suffering from electrical gremlins again. and the thrown together heap works beautifully. I'm spotting a pattern.

Pushover; The team mascot is now more than a box of parts, a 6mm aluminium base with aluminium angle armour supports sits proudly on the work bench, the flipper arm (paddle?) is also present, HDPE sides are cut but undrilled as yet, and the left hand drive motor has seized it's gearbox. So we have an immobile space frame of 6mm alu and 18mm HDPE that looks halfway decent, remember that pattern I was talking about? yeah...

Pics of Pushover soon once the sides are drilled on mounted.

Register To Comment