Register To Comment
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Editing posts

Team Kaizen

Afraid not. I don't have a Facebook account myself to send them a message on there either but I think it might be worth messaging them there to see if they can look at the issues here.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

McMullet
    The FRA have a facebook page but there's no option to contact them there. I've posted on the "Unofficial Robot Wars" group to see if anyone knows the deal, that seems to be the closest thing to a replacement for the FRA forum.

Did anything come of your post in URW, Sam?

It would be a real shame for the forums to fall into rack and ruin. There is still so much useful information hosted here.

McMullet
    The consensus was that Kane Aston was the guy in charge, he was tagged by someone else in the post but didn't respond... Not sure where to go from there, possibly he isn't much of a FB user either.

Team Kaizen

If I see Kane at Portsmouth next weekend, I'll see if I can mention it to him then.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

There are issues with the forums:
    - Uploading a file fades the background, but the dialog that is intended to appear never does. Checking in Developer Tools on Chrome, it is loading the fragments to do so, but also has the following markup in the returned payload; wonder if this is interfering?

<b>Warning</b>: Use of undefined constant VB_API - assumed 'VB_API' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in <b>/homepages/20/d120687466/htdocs/www.fightingrobots.co.uk/ajax.php</b> on line <b>90</b><br />
    - Editing a post does not load the posts content back in to the editor.

Would love if the FRA got a bit more love and needed admin attention tbh

It's a little sad to see the state of the forum now - for such a rich history (seriously, have you read some of the old threads, it's a treasure trove of info and fun little reads) it's sad to see how it's been neglected. Even updating the upcoming events section makes a difference, but that's not been done in over 18 months now...

Yea, I love this forum! I would help maintain things myself if I could. Love to see this on the Tapatalk app also because it's quite difficult on mobile

Redirect Left
    After slamming the Chrome debugger/console on, it seems a lot of the forums files are being 404'd as not found. I think something server wise has gone a bit awry.

Really is a shame, the FRA seems to have died a slow death from the guys in charge, they seem to so rarely do anything purely from the FRA side of things.

Register To Comment