I’m hoping that I understand what you are meaning - I’ve found that so long as the weapon can be locked in a specific safe position it will pass the safety check. For example, Strix’s weapon is operated by a linac and locked when the flipper was wide open, but if I could design something that speficially locked the flipper when half closed I imagine that would pass checks too. It doesn’t have to necessarily be at the end of a weapon’s travel.
I would personally just operate the jaws to a fully open position at the end of each fight and shove a chunk of hdpe between them to stop them clamping down.
Also my linac could probably travel like 5mm-10mm before it came into contact with the bar. Within reason, it doesn’t have to be a 100% press fit. So you needn’t worry about getting the weapon in literally the exact same position each time.
i guess you could make some sort of adjustable locking device but I think that’s more complicated than it needs to be.
Hope that helped somewhat. I actually made my locking bar at the event itself, I’m sure you could do the same if you are unsure about what would be appropriate.