Register To Comment
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Ensign Wedgeley Crusher (FW Sportsman)

You totally should do that! Would be grand to face off against a member of Team Kaizen.

The steering and throttle rates are both down at around 25% already, but cornering is still a challenge. I'll play around with the expo and gyro and all those whatnots and hopefully come up with something a bit better!

you got lucky it wasnt fm2 haha, yeah had electrial problems (ground wire broke loose) and Steve was drivng at that was his 5th timing iirc but yeah i would set your turning rate to 50% or less then you forward or backwards rates

Great update, really encouraging to see Wedgeley improving and evolving at every event. Your exit from the Forge Master fight was pretty spectacular! The new wheels look the business too.

I would say I want to fight it, but it appears I will have to join the queue

(Also, I really appreciate the continued dedication to the laws of Scrapheap Challenge)

Quote Originally Posted by Maxamuslead View Post
    you got lucky it wasnt fm2 haha, yeah had electrial problems (ground wire broke loose) and Steve was drivng at that was his 5th timing iirc but yeah i would set your turning rate to 50% or less then you forward or backwards rates
    Yep that would've been about 10 times scarier!

It hadn't occurred to turn down the steering more than the fwd/rev - tried that and seemed to help a lot in a quick (weaponless) test drive on the kitchen floor. (Only dinged the cupboards a couple of times today.... )

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Manuva27 View Post
    Great update, really encouraging to see Wedgeley improving and evolving at every event. Your exit from the Forge Master fight was pretty spectacular! The new wheels look the business too.

I would say I want to fight it, but it appears I will have to join the queue

(Also, I really appreciate the continued dedication to the laws of Scrapheap Challenge)
    Thanks! If you're going to drive off the side of the arena then at least commit to it, that's my motto (now).

At least we haven't (yet) broken the cardinal rule of SHC, always test the engine before you weld it in place. Only a matter of time though.

Team Kaizen

You totally should do that! Would be grand to face off against a member of Team Kaizen.
    I need to get Azriel ready for EXR Cheltenham anyway so if it survives that, I might put in for Robodojo but likely at Full Combat rather than Sportsman. Depends on how I feel about it. A whiteboard wouldn't go amiss though... :P
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Quote Originally Posted by Ocracoke View Post
    I might put in for Robodojo but likely at Full Combat rather than Sportsman.
    You're braver than me... Though we are hoping to put together a full combat machine next year sometime.

The mix of robots and numbers in full combat and sportsman is pretty random tbh, last time there were no (zero, none) spinners at all and only six total in full combat. Actually I think all of them apart from Pressure Point 2 were eligible for Sportsman. On the other hand there were at least three really nasty hammers/axes in sportsman.

I think in November everyone was still licking their wounds after the FW champs. :P So who knows what the breakdown will be like in December...

All where sportman legal, Al doesnt use hydraulic if asked not too in Sportmans

Yeah true, same with non-spinning Binky making up the numbers some of the time...

Register To Comment