Quote Originally Posted by Al_ View Post
This has been a thoroughly entertaining read, thanks for going to the effort of typing all this up! EWC both looked and performed great, especially for a first bot at your first event.

If you want motor mounts, have a search for Roboteer Nat on here, he sells mounts for the Argos drill motors. (I don't think Shakey sells them anymore but please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong?) As you use HDPE for the bot, a lot of people make their own HDPE wheels of whatever size/thickness they need and use various different means of putting tread on them, again, lots of into on here for that. Weight budget is also good, 3.2kg is very light for a feather, are we sure those scales were reading correctly!?

Anyway, looking forward to see how this progresses, and see you again at Robodojo!
Thanks Al! I wanted to get it all down while it was fresh in my mind to be honest.

I definitely need a better mounting system. On the other hand I also quite my current method of having the motors seated into the structure/chassis of the bot rather than in dedicated mounts, so I might try an alternative way of clamping them in place. On the other other hand, it's not like the current mass-efficient system is strictly necessary...

Speaking of which, I weighed EWC on our kitchen scales and it clocked in at 5.4 kg, so not as ludicrously underweight as we thought. Next time I'll ask to see the cal cert!

With a proper weapon actuator and some metal reinforcements/armour we might not be far off the limit...

See you, if not in March, definitely in May!

Quote Originally Posted by Ocracoke View Post
Nice write up. I suspect Eoin may have already suggested this but you may want to look at your TX to see if it can do exponential stuff with how much power your motors get in relation to where your controls are. I had to do this on Kaizen/Jibril to get the axe to fire at a good rate without much input from me. It might make EWC that little bit more controllable.

Yes, definitely consider adding more weight to it, perhaps over the front for balance?
Cheers

I think that is approximately what he suggested, but given my low-to-middling understanding of RC systems my brain probably didn't store the complicated bits, all I remember is something about mixing and transmitters and better at steering, so thanks for the reminder!

I had originally planned to make the front prong and grabber arm from steel, so that should add a kilo or thereabouts straight away, all be in front of the current CoG.