Register To Comment
Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Kaizen Build Diary

I'm hoping to get along on the 12th too James and opted to help with putting up of the arena,any idea what

time on Saturday they will start erecting as I have not heard anything-Maybe its up already?.

Ian did say he wasn't one for to and fro messaging but I think it's vital to keep

in touch but I will go along Saturday afternoon if I don't hear anything .
    Last edited by team death; 10th July 2020 at 17:51.

Team Kaizen

Azriel
    Locking pin has been fitted, wheels have been better secured to the robot and nyloc nuts fitted to the axe arm. Azriel 1.0 is officially "finished" with a little under a week to go before the event. It is a big transformation over the 0.9 variant seen last year and I'll be honest, I am rather pleased with it. For those that didn't see it before, here is the 0.9 variant...

azriel_0.9.jpg

...and here is the 1.0 variant.

azriel_1.0.jpg

If there are any tidying up jobs to do, it's probably on the front wedge panel. I had hoped to stage a mock battle between Azriel and The Honey Badger 1.0 as it was a little over three years ago that I (re)started my foray into fighting robot combat at RL Grantham 2017 (1st and 2nd of July of that year! How does time fly?) but that didn't happen.

I'll see if I can get someone to record what happens at Dojo.
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 13th July 2020 at 04:04.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Team Kaizen

I mean for my YouTube channel but good to know it is being recorded somewhere at least, thx.

Team Kaizen

So I ended up not being able to go to Dojo in the end and if I am being honest, I can't see when I'll be able to again in the future. Since it is hosted on a Sunday, I am often committed elsewhere. This week was supposed to be an exception to that but for reasons I shall not go into here, I wasn't able to so at the moment I am feeling pretty low about it all.

With things the way they are in the world at the moment, I honestly cannot see the bigger events starting up again this year. I've been trying to work on Jibril's Scythe gearbox in case that turns out not to be the case but... yeah...

That's a shame, I was looking forward to your report on the event Lucy but it looks like the

event took place and going by the the You tube videos thus far Telekinesis gave most bots

a good thrashing.

McMullet
    Sorry to hear that Lucy. I've always hoped to see one of your robots at Dojo. Hopefully there'll be some non-sunday events at some point!

Register To Comment