Register To Comment
Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Kaizen Build Diary

McMullet
    Good to hear you're making progress Lucy! Look forward to seeing the pics and videos.

Team Kaizen

Jibril
    Installed the Ragebridge into the robot and soldered up a new wiring loom for it. I've clearly forgotten how to solder but it is kind of done, needs branching off for the weapon. The bodywork also needs adaptation to add in a channel to run the wiring through to the other side of the robot.

Took a brief video of the robot driving around. Bit of an oddity as left was forwards, right was backwards, forwards was turn right and so on on the controller.

Next stage is to get the armour plates CADed up and then work on the weapon.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

McMullet
    Yeeees! Looks very nippy and well-controlled.

Team Kaizen

Aww thanks! I definitely need to sort out the radio controls but it works well enough for the moment. Next stop, the big axe. Speaking of axes...

Azriel
    Finally the video is done! This has been an absolute headache. I couldn't find music that suited it, I couldn't correct a audio problem that meant it crackled, the whole thing has been through two renditions but here it is, for better or for worse. As noted in the video, it does still need a locking pin, tether and painting with a metal axe but works well enough for now.

Oohhh fantastic. nice power from the axe. Whats the total weight of the FW now?

McMullet
    Looks great! Nice work on the video too, I enjoyed the timelapse. Have you tried self-righting?

Team Kaizen

Aww, thanks guys!

Whats the total weight of the FW now?
    11.1kg as is so plenty of weight to put something really tasty on there.

Have you tried self-righting?
    Yeah but it isn't playing ball. When I try to, the gears slip (you can hear it in the video at the end) so I think there is some work to do in getting it more secure but it shouldn't be a problem. If it comes down to it, I can always add in another stage to the gearbox. Switching to LiPo will also help if it needs it .

Team Kaizen

Been busy today painting the body of Azriel and the side arms of Jibril, the weather was just too nice to pass up. The latter isn't ready to show until all the metal parts are done but Azriel is practically finished.

1592080024302.JPEG

Looks alright I think. The axe I've deliberately not painted as that is only a temporary affair until I can find someone able to cut a all metal one for me. I think I've fixed the slipping gear problem for now but I suspect it'll need redoing properly, the gear mesh but aren't meshed enough. I had the opposite problem on Jibril 1.x and wanted to avoid a repeat. Oh well... :P

Next stage is to get the metal panels made up for the Middleweight and start work on the new Scythe-Axe.

McMullet
    Good work! Are the wheels from an RC car?

Team Kaizen

Yeah, they are from a 1/10 or a 1/8 scale RC car with a 0 offset and the hub is bolted directly to the flat face of the wheel. They've proven surprisingly durable though I could do with new ones :P Nice and grippy though.
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 15th June 2020 at 14:33.

Register To Comment