Register To Comment
Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Kaizen Build Diary

Team Kaizen

Thanks guys. If there was space this weekend, I'd see if I could make that but I doubt there is.

Took Azriel for a run in the garden, managed to break the axe, a drive motor and the other drive motor is burning out (given it is from Kaizen, that isn't totally surprising). Will be mending tonight.

Jibril's motor is now fitted to the carrier but the first stage output gear doesn't fit the carrier without either a new final stage gear that is bigger or an idler gear. Simply for the increased torque (and thus, more force to self right with), I may get a bigger gear.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

There was a sportsman drop-out I believe but I think it filled back up again very quickly!

Just checked the dojo chat. Another spot has opened up if you're still up for it.

Mr Manuva27
    Would be a shame for Azriel not to fight after all the work you've put in. You should definitely sign up if you can!

Team Kaizen

I read Jamie's reply as being that the space had filled up again. I'll wait until the next Dojo to see what the situation is here before committing but yes, it sucks that Azriel can't go.

Mr Manuva27
    I think Eoin was referring to another space being available. I know who filled the space Jamie was referring to, so the dropout that Eoin is talking about will be someone different

Can't harm to at least sign up and try?
    Last edited by Mr Manuva27; 22nd July 2020 at 14:13.

Team Kaizen

Sorry to say, I can't go due to stuff here.
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 22nd July 2020 at 20:09.

Team Kaizen

OK... so BotFest has meant I finally have a reason to look at my antweights. Ikari and Amai are fine and ready to go (barring a small repair job on Amai). Osu is fine as well but as I mentioned in a previous post, it has been retired from combat. However...

Lafiel
    It feels like ages ago but back at Ant Freeze 7, it was practically demolished. It was held together with sellotape but it really is time to rebuild the shell. This is, at the moment, an all polycarbonate affair with custom polycarbonate brackets to hold the panels on with. I tried this originally with HDPE blocks but I feel the polycarbonate is better for this. The shell is a little big and heavy at the moment but I'll sort it out.

1597965612090.JPEG

The spinner motor I am looking to change back to the original one I had planned in the form of a Turnigy AX-2204C 1450Kv which I am sure is lighter than the Surpass 2204 1200Kv motor currently fitted.

Team Kaizen

Lafiel
    So the shell I posted a picture of in my last post didn't work. I could, amazingly, get it in size and weight but it was quite ugly and it wasn't very good overall so I ripped that apart and rebuilt the shell again and here we are with the 1.1 version. It needs some narrower wheels to accommodate for the fact that it is ever so slightly wider than the 1.0 version.

lafiel_1.1.jpg

Early testing of this worked OK but then the spinner motor seized up because of a circlip on the shaft catching. Ever since then, when it spins up, it gets to about 70% power and then it starts becoming unstable. Why this is I am trying to determine but it is essentially ready for an event when one is able to run.

Next one on the list to rebuild is Shu!

Register To Comment