Register To Comment
Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Kaizen Build Diary

Quote Originally Posted by Ocracoke View Post
    The axe I've deliberately not painted as that is only a temporary affair until I can find someone able to cut a all metal one for me
    What material and specs? Happy to fabricate one if I've got suitable stock.

Team Kaizen

Quote Originally Posted by RogueTwoRobots View Post
    What material and specs? Happy to fabricate one if I've got suitable stock.
    I'll PM you as soon as I can.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Team Kaizen

Ooh, I wasn't made aware of this. If there is one on and there is room and it is safe to do so, yes, you'll see Azriel there. How do you sign up?

Mr Manuva27
    They only announced it on Facebook last night.

Link to the post. Signup doc is linked in there .

Team Kaizen

Excellent. I've signed up for Full Combat (as that is what Azriel is built for).

Team Kaizen

Jibril
    So the original plan for Jibril was to use a A28-150 motor running through a 23.39:1 gearbox for the Scythe. I've then come across, and bought, a A28-400 motor for the straight up power upgrade. The A28-150 motor can go into Azriel after Dojo.

At this stage, I really do need to learn how to drive a set of relays for backwards and forwards motion on the axe rather than use a speed controller, does anyone have a diagram of what is sometimes known as a "bang-bang" controller?

Azriel
    Material for a front wedge plate has arrived so will be fitting and bending that over the next weekend, I understand Full Combat in Dojo can be quite violent (not that I don't think EXR events can be as well). I don't have the facility to make a metal one so HDPE it is.

Shu!
    I've been thinking hard about wherever I want to continue with Shu! since its appalling performance at the BW championships. Ultimately, I am going to make a v3 as v2 never really got a fair outing, the speed controller exploded before the event so it could only go forwards and backwards.

Since it is a fun design, I am going to take the Ikari design and modify it for the BW class.

Bang Bang controller ! Lucy !,-sounds like what I ran all my robots on up to series seven of Robot Wars

for both the drive and the weapons.

I never used a speed controller, just servos pulling on switches for full on full off power-always safe though

and is best suited to weapons, I was going to experiment with solid state relays but found an easy option-

speed controllers.

Team Kaizen

SSRs is something I've thought about using but as far as speed controllers go, the problem is the amperage. The speed controller that drives it at the moment is a 80amp peak and the motors that drive the axe can easily ask well over 200a, especially on the strike. The other thing I am considering is that during the swing, on a speed controller, it is too slow. A relay should in theory solve that as well.

Register To Comment