Hi all,
Being old school I still use brushed motors for my FW but am looking at the possibility of going brushless.
Brushless motors from what I have read across the web are a totally different science and information on their performance seems very limited.
I understand how to find wattage (v x a = w) not a problem, but the figures you are giving to work with are non loaded. Same for rpm (kv x v = rpm) again unloaded - this is based on a 100% efficiency so would suggest loosing 10% of the total eg kv x v x 90% = rpm.
Reading one article written by a gentleman in Australia based on swapping out brushed for brushless in a boat, he suggests you half the rpm total with the 90% efficiency to get a true loaded rpm. He also stated that unless you are interested in prop thrust for an aeroplane then any other parameters are very hard to find. This I find very frustrating as I am used to referencing the wattage and looking at the torque under load or stall.
Can anyone shed anymore light onto this subject please? or give examples / ideas to help, also pro's and con's for using a brushless against a brushed.
Please use this as an open discussion base so we can all benefit.
Many thanks
Cliff