Register To Comment

Thread: Would this transmitter and receiver be suitable for an antweight?

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/fpv-race...e-2-black.html

^ the product in question

This transmitter looks far more comfortable to hold than the standard chunky controllers I see, however the product description says it's designed for drones. Would this be an issue?

The receiver only weighs ~7g, so the weight should be fine for an antweight I'm assuming.

Team Kaizen

The transmitter looks fine to me (noting that the protocol is AFHDS rather than DSMX which is something to bear in mind if you were looking for a different receiver), seems to be within the rules and the weight for the receiver should be OK for an Antweight.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Team Kaizen

Yeah, the protocols need to match. I don't know about the AFHDS protocol and wherever there is any special requirements but in the case of the LemonRX, it would not work as that is a DSMX/DSM2 receiver.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

I've got a FlySky FS-iA6 tx (enormous!) that uses AFHDS, and I used it in one of my ants. It seems fine, and you can get a fairly small 4-channel rx for it.

It has a small amount of telemetry, showing rx voltage, which you can apparently hack a bit to get battery voltage. Never tried it, tho - I don't like the idea of battery voltage going anywhere near the rx. :P

I use AFHDS2A in all my bots: FS-i6 & FS-i6X transmitters; 0.9g 4 channel receivers from banggood - they have been great so far!

https://www.banggood.com/Flysky-FS2A...r_warehouse=CN

They can be powered from 3.3-10V which is very handy (2s). Also a bind button rather than having to use a bind plug.

The only reason I use AFHDS (2A) stuff is because I got my first transmitter and receiver as a prize with a quadcopter, so there was no point getting different stuff if it worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by SergeantQuack View Post
    They can be powered from 3.3-10V which is very handy (2s). Also a bind button rather than having to use a bind plug.
    I never noticed the voltage range. Handy! The bind button is also handy, but don't do what I did and heat-shrink it before binding. :P

Register To Comment