Register To Comment

Thread: Team BLEEP: Un-named Melonbot (BW)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi all!

So, for ages my plan has been to build an antweight melon-slice-shaped bot. I first tried a front flipper, but it didn't work out, then I decided an axe would probably be pretty cool. I never got around to finishing it, as I tried to refine the bots I'd already built (which still need refining...)

However, recently it seems like it's been beetle/feather season, and I'm kinda jealous! I'm thinking that maybe I need a beetle in my life, and an axe-wielding watermelon seems like a good fit. It's really just a 2wd wedge with an axe mounted at the top. Not even a powerful axe - it's gonna be used more for grabbing than anything. In theory.

So, here's my complicated design, rendered in incredible detail:

For parts, I'm gonna start with the standard 1000rpm motors from ebay, then maybe a 250rpm motor for the axe/grabber. Will fingertech sumo wheels work? I dunno what ESCs work best, but I suspect I need 3 of them and some TX mixing. armour will be a mixture of things, depending on scale. it feels weird not having a size limitation!

oh, and my team name has changed from the unwieldy and ant-specific 'Antescher Assault Systems' to 'Team BLEEP'. Is it a swear? Is it the noise a robot makes? Is it almost a Deftones side project? Yes!

Time to start scouring the forum for other build threads to borrow ideas from..
    Last edited by voorsk; 24th October 2018 at 09:47. Reason: Title was a bit naff

Register To Comment