Register To Comment

Thread: Help needed — Quanum BE1806 motor to gearbox

Hi everyone!

I've got a query, and this one is a bit tricky. I have two Quanum BE1806 2300Kv motors for a beetleweight. I've taken note of
    Rory's Beetle Gearbox hack, which is really good, but these motors come with a specific crux. Has anyone had any experience with these motors?

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/be1806p-...n-nut-ccw.html

This is the motor in question: don't let the description fool you — the shaft is actually 3mm! It's 3mm on the flat side but the part that sticks out on the other side is actually 2mm. Is there a way to get a typical hobby motor gearbox onto the motor itself? Should I take out the shaft and put it in the opposite way?

Let me know what's the best thing to do.
    Last edited by Iain; 24th September 2018 at 14:25. Reason: HTML was output on the post.

It says on the listing that the shaft is 2mm?

Either way, whatever shaft size you need, you should be able to press out the old one and replace it. Find a friend with a lathe and it will be made a whole lot easier.

That's standard for a lot of brushless motors. I have one that has a 10mm shaft going through the center that originally dropped down to 5mm. The 5mm shaft snapped so I replaced it with a 10mm shaft right through.

Register To Comment