Register To Comment
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BotFest pilot (29th July 2018)

Ah, look at that, every day's a school day. Cheers for clearing that up for me, I must've mixed the 2 up in my head somewhere down the line.

Bad Wolf
    Just wanted to say a massive thank you to Michael for putting on Bot Fest! Loved every second of it! Can’t wait for the next one now! Also need to say another thank you for all the help RetroMan gave me trying to get my Bots in order! Shame Baby Bronco was more of a Beetle weight than an Ant in the end hahaha but next time I’ll put him on a diet and get that weight down! Haha

Everyone was really helpful and was great to chat to people who knew a lot more than I about everything Bot-oreintated! Can’t wait to see the videos now

Bad Wolf

Redirect Left
    Just got back home, hooray for slow coaches back to Yorkshire!

Had lots of fun at what for me was my first AW event, i hope everyone enjoyed it as much as i did.
    Hopefully the pilot will be considered a success, as i'd be more than happy to return back for another one!

Unfortunately 'Send Help!' got quite a bit of damage, all by the same spinner. Next time before i heartily agree to a whiteboard match against a spinner, i'll be sure i have a better bot up to the task next time!

IMG_20180729_163552.jpg IMG_20180729_163539.jpg

At least now, it might finally get the help it asks for. The strip of acetate on the front certainly made it difficult to get under from that angle, shame about the rear!

I've already got some ideas for what to bring next time...
    Last edited by Redirect Left; 30th July 2018 at 02:25.

I agree, this has been a fantastic event, arguably my favourite. Something about the smaller nature simultaneously steps up the cameraderie and competition; I feel more motivated than ever to build a better robot now I know what the competition looks like. Massive thanks to Jon for that fantastic 3rd place playoff (gg), Adam for the spare battery, and of course Michael for making this all happen. Look forward to the next one! And be prepared......

big thanks from me, too! nice to be among roboteers with similar levels of experience, although that does mean i can't blame experience for my many losses. :P

will definitely sign up for the next one if it's not too far away

Another thanks post!

Thoroughly enjoyed the event, met some amazing people, and can't wait for the next event, Team Kaizen did a great job of keeping us rabble in check, there were plenty of fights and some decent banter.

Makes me want to build a 'proper 2nd and come back and try again.

Team Kaizen

Well, that was quite an event, wasn't it? :P

A massive thank you to everyone who participated in the pilot, it was really encouraging to see people come along to this, actively enjoy themselves and then be happy enough to post that they were I've not had a chance to go through the footage taken but I expect I'll have Heat A at least done by the end of the week.

I know a few people asked about when the next one will be. I've not really thought that far ahead but given the positive response here, I'll give some consideration as to the date of the next one.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

I'm quite looking forward to the videos.

The venue was quite cool. Plugs, kettles, loos, a chippy in walking distance, and practically on the M53! Shame about the fire alarm, but it makes it memorable, eh?

I agree, the venue is very good, and plenty big enough too...

Yeah sorry about the fire alarm... I think that may have been my fault...

And as for videos, I'm pretty excited too, be cool to watch it again from a different angle

Register To Comment