Register To Comment

Thread: The Hattington Link: A more reliable safety link for combat robotics

Hey All. So last week in my build diary for my new cluster build (can be found on FB, I plan to make a similar post here in the coming days), I briefly covered the link setup I'm using, which I tried to design to prevent the most common failure mode of links, at least in bots around the FW weight (eg. anything that uses an XT60). While I'm happy with the design, the only way I can truly be sure of how effective the design can be is if I have as much data from as many sources as possible.

With that said, I've decided to release the design on Thingiverse! The Hattington Link is free to download, now with different sized bodies so that the link should be flush with whatever plate you'd mount it on (sizes include 1.5, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, 15, and 20mm). Additional info can be found in the Thingiverse post.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4540911

Hatty.jpg

Supermotolew
    Smart idea! are many peoply using XT90 for featherweight links?, id planned one in my build because its what i had to hand and anti spark version ( hoping still FRA compliant ? if so id love to see somthing like this in XT90 also.

Team Kaizen

I use XT90 for my Featherweights and Middleweights pretty much exclusively (and yes, I use the Anti-Spark version in my MW), it'd be nice to have.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

I have an XT90 mount setup which i was selling in my shop - i need to make more to make it available to the wider public, but it clamps the xt90, it also has a mating part that encompases the link side with the loop of wire (not fuse wire at this level)
    Will upload pictures of it, but been using it in my feathers for couple years now https://teamsc.co.uk/product/grab-link/

Register To Comment