Register To Comment
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Haynes Manual Build a Robot

Team Kaizen

You'd typically use something like YouTube to upload to. The forum itself doesn't have facility to upload videos, only images.

I couldn't remember if the dual Feathertwo did mixing onboard itself (not requiring mixing on the controller itself). Looks good so far, I guess you'll be adding in a removable link and power LEDs later, looking forwards to seeing the video.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

McMullet
    Looking good! I imagine there was some wheelspinning with no tread on the tyres and the whole thing weighing slightly more than a typical beetleweight...

I remember getting confused about the F2 wiring for a while too... I assumed it was one red and one black per "side", when in fact the red pair is one side and the black pair the other. Took me a couple of hours with a multimeter to work out what was going on. Then I found the instructions on the N&B website. (BTW, Lucy, the F2 does indeed have on board mixing.)

Team Kaizen

(BTW, Lucy, the F2 does indeed have on board mixing.)
    Ah, I thought so. In which case, I don't think you'd need any mixing?

Running 2 wheel drive at the back not sure what to put on the front to allow it to run smoothly.
    I'd put HDPE blocks or static wheels like I do on my Middleweight to allow it to run smoothly. I can show how both are attached if you want. At this stage, it has FW stage parts so I'd aim for that.

Team Kaizen

OK, so this is how I used to prop the front of Jibril 1.x up on HDPE blocks. I can't claim this to be my idea, it was a fellow MW competitor's idea which we hacked this together at RL Grantham 2019. These are 30mm(?) HDPE blocks with M8 bolts countersunk into the hole to allow the front to slip and slide. Apologies for the duff photo, it was done in a rush.

20200607_163529.jpg

For Jibril 2.0, I've gone for static castor wheels. The blocks I find work but doesn't permit accuracy in driving very much. These should. They are 50mm wheels from B&Q with a M8 bolt holding them in.

20200607_163515.jpg

I should really put in a nyloc nut on the end of the bolt as the current one can fall off. You can see these in action in one of the recent "in progress" video's I posted in my build thread. Importantly, in order to spread the weight, you need more than one. I used to have one castor on the 1.x version where 30+kg used to stick it to the floor. Two works better.

Of course, in a FW, that isn't always the case as there simply isn't as much weight. Azriel doesn't have any front castors at all, just slides along on the HDPE forks on the front. You can see how hyper that can be in the recent video I posted as well.
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 7th June 2020 at 16:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocracoke View Post
    OK, so this is how I used to prop the front of Jibril 1.x up on HDPE blocks. I can't claim this to be my idea, it was a fellow MW competitor's idea which we hacked this together at RL Grantham 2019. These are 30mm(?) HDPE blocks with M8 bolts countersunk into the hole to allow the front to slip and slide. Apologies for the duff photo, it was done in a rush.

20200607_163529.jpg

For Jibril 2.0, I've gone for static castor wheels. The blocks I find work but doesn't permit accuracy in driving very much. These should. They are 50mm wheels from B&Q with a M8 bolt holding them in.

20200607_163515.jpg

I should really put in a nyloc nut on the end of the bolt as the current one can fall off. You can see these in action in one of the recent "in progress" video's I posted in my build thread. Importantly, in order to spread the weight, you need more than one. I used to have one castor on the 1.x version where 30+kg used to stick it to the floor. Two works better.

Of course, in a FW, that isn't always the case as there simply isn't as much weight. Azriel doesn't have any front castors at all, just slides along on the HDPE forks on the front. You can see how hyper that can be in the recent video I posted as well.
    Really helpful thanks I will have a mess around with both wheels and a wedge as planned to recreate what i have made in HDPE once its a working design

I have a few samples from before so might bolt these on for while testing on the MDF base see if that works

IMG_3509.jpg
    IMG_3508.jpg
    Last edited by AdamST180; 7th June 2020 at 20:50.

So been working on this on and off when i've had time, including (slowly) teaching myself how to use Fusion 360;

Free Parking FW V2 v12.jpg

This is the start of the design as i will be getting my hands on a 2kg Hardox disc, which for a very long time will be for display purposes only, no way im risking actually making a spinner yet lol

However have hit a complete mind blank, gone through several threads but cant seem to find the answer, short of using locktite or something how do I secure the wheels onto the drill shaft?

I was thinking should the inserts be clear all the way through and ive messed up the wheels?

IMG-8029.jpg

IMG-8028.jpg

Thanks

Register To Comment