Register To Comment
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Haynes Manual Build a Robot

Team Kaizen

It'll come with practice as to how to solder these things.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Get a block of wood and drill a hole in it same diameter as the connectors (5mm I think). Push the connector down into it until just the last little section that you're soldering the wire onto is sticking out the wood. This way, when the solder runs, it won't run down the connector. Any excess around the soldered end can just be filed down (again easier when it's in the block of wood). Also use a little less solder so less overflows when you put the wire in. So long as the wire and the connector are tinned beforehand, you'll still get a good solid connection.

Wheels done and ready to go

IMG-7423.jpg
    IMG-7424.jpg

EDIT: Anyone know why my images are showing so small untill click on them? Using the build in "insert image" button
    Last edited by AdamST180; 15th August 2019 at 13:17.

McMullet
    Good work on the wheels!

Quote Originally Posted by AdamST180 View Post
    Anyone know why my images are showing so small untill click on them? Using the build in "insert image" button
    Unfortunately attached pictures always display as thumbnails. If you want them to display at full resolution as inline images then you need to host them externally and wrap IMG tags around them. I upload my pics to Imgur which offers free hosting, and auto-generates the BB code to insert them. I'm sure they do all kinds of underhand crap in terms of copyright but that doesn't really bother me for this type of thing.

I get the feeling message board software is optimised for the days when data bandwidth was expensive and internet speeds slow, so you didn't want your hosted images to load at high resolution every time someone clicked on a thread... Sadly webforums seem to be going the way of the dodo thanks to "social" media and the like.

Code:
    [IMG]OLD_MAN_SHOUTING_AT_CLOUD.JPEG[/IMG]

Team Kaizen

Wheels look good, better than my attempt for the first Middleweight I did. :P

Unfortunately attached pictures always display as thumbnails.
    That is true for here but it does have the advantage of not breaking the look of the forum, making things easier to read.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

McMullet
    I guess it's personal taste really... I find it quite distracting having to read a bit, click the picture, go back and read some more then come back to the picture and so on. If there's only one image it's fine, but I like to tell more of a story.

Register To Comment