Thread: Haynes Manual Build a Robot

Team Kaizen

Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Team Kaizen

Single controllers are indeed easier to get hold of and there are plenty to choose from but it is a more complex build because then you've got two separate sides as opposed to a easy to manage single dual. For a beginner, a dual is far easier since it all managed on the board.

I have all the other parts (minus the actuator) so can start assembling and wiring up what i have and get my plywood base ready and go from there
    I know the feeling, I have all the parts for The Honey Badger 3 but a lack of wheels and motors is a problem :P
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Hi all,

The issue with the FeatherTwo stock is entirely down to me struggling to find time to make them now I'm employed full time. I'm working on a new batch atm but progress is slow.

The Feathertwo's aren't necessarily bad speed controllers. When they work they are very good. However they're very hit and miss regarding reliability.
    I wasn't aware there was any major reliability issues? Almost all failures that have been reported are either from being plugged in backwards or the motor wires had been shorted, which will kill almost any ESC. On the whole they've been remarkably reliable from what I've heard so far, though would be interested to know if there are any more examples of failures in combat.

I think it may be a confusion due to the recent issue with The Honey Badger (I don't know anyone who doesn't read the build thread), I'm actually amazed they survived a reverse voltage like that, barely any other ESCs can just recover like that.

Obviously this is me speaking for someone else, I may well be wrong.

Register To Comment