Register To Comment
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Team Pushover - Pullover (Ant)

Well, finally got around to replacing the rather naff wire hook, did it on the cheap again and now we have an amazingly ugly brown lump on top, and as ugly as she now is, she self rights from every conceiveble orientation, can still turn over a 152g RC car, can drag almost 3 times her own weight, and still meets weigh-in...

Shame I can't get the parts for her sibling to come under weight so well...

35886320_10155677625135662_4001240018839404544_n.jpg

With Pullover now 'complete' (I blew the LED), I can dedicate some time to my arena hazards and the next AW, or atleast the box of parts that will be the next one, stand by for Pushup coming soon

So, not really a 'build update', but today we had our first event!

Had a trip to Botfest, as organised by our very own Okracoke. And. Had. A. Blast!

Poor Pullover's servo is well and truly dead, it got so hot through the overvolting it now only twitches... upgrade required... and after Pushup's rather unfortunate incident with a LiPo battery and a screw last week, I threw a 'weapon' on my test mule/target, the Scrap Special.

First off, Heat B, Scrappy was in arena, and promptly drove off... twice... more practice required methinks, and while facing Theo's bot, actually lifted him... then drove clean underneath, and OOTA (spotting a pattern?)… so, yeah, today we learned that I can't really drive it, and I lost every match. Damn.

Then Pullover joined the fun in Heat C, and was totally out-classed by Iasius but somehow managed to scrape through to the quarter finals. In this quarter final match, we were again totally outclassed, Mini Kev Awe I think, both bot and driver were superior. Wow can he drive!

Then there was the rumble, and (can you guess it?) ended up OOTA relatively quickly... again...

I did however, manage to score a win against Axe-on, Axe-off, and Ethics Gradient (by some miracle, I beat a spinner ) and had a fantastic time and can't wait to do it all again.

Register To Comment