Register To Comment

Thread: Controller deadspot.

Team Helix
    Hi all,

My robot is now generally running well, and does just about everything i ask. But there is one thing that is a minor issue that i am sure has been fixed before by one of you. I have two cheap chinese speed controllers which i have set up to use a tank steer method. This is generally fine. The only issue is on my skyfly transmitter when i move my left stick from forward to reverse. If i do not "pause" in the middle, it will not go in to reverse. Swapping sides speed controlles sides and the fault of the reoccurs on the new prevoiusly fine side. So i assume it is a built in "feature" for planes or similar. Does his anyone know how to remove this? I assume a setting somewhere but which one?

Thanks in advance.

Team Kaizen

Sounds as if the speed controller has a braking feature. Not sure if this is programmable or not (which speed controllers are these?)
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

It's nothing to do with your transmitter, just with your ESCs. The cheap Chinese ones are okay, but it's one of their many flaws. You could get a FeatherTwo pretty cheaply, best get one as soon as possible because they sell out very quickly and he's only got about 3 left.

It's not the RX/TX.

This sounds like the control issues with the old "Blues".

Team Helix
    Hi I Just thought I would give a quick update. I recently bought a mixer to test something on another bit but thought I would try i on this old tanks stear bot. It cost about £4. Just plugged it in and what do you know worked perfectly. So it was not the esc it was the controller after all.

Register To Comment