Register To Comment
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Madusa Build Tread

Hi All

I am a complete novice, apart from following a step by step process for a Fingertech robot! However, me and my daughter have wanted to build a featherweight given she was inspired by NUTS on robot wars.

In terms of a spec we have

For now just a normal bash bot
    HDPE shell and wheels
    2 x Gimson Motors
    A feather 2 ESC
    LIFE 2100 Zippy battery
    Hobbyking Transmitter and receiver
    and no idea!!!

I still need to put some rubber on the wheels etc

Attached is a picture of what we have in terms of a setup etc.

IMG_0352.JPG

However after being very excited tonight of plugging everything in (noting I know I need some LEDS and a fuse to be FRA compliant) and hopefully seeing the wheels move when we give the controller a bit of juice...yep you guessed it - nothing!!!
    I think I have bound the transmitter correctly as the red light remains on constantIMG_0350.JPG.

However, the Feather2 ESC is flashing orange and assume I have done something wrong.

Does it matter where I put the wires from the ESC into the receiver (I realise that negative needs to be at the bottom though...I think) and what else could I be missing?

I have wired up the motors directly to an old drill battery with an on off switch and the motors work really well. So it must be something I have done with the ESC / Receiver / wiring

I do have a lemon RX received as well if you think that would be better to use / compatible with the hobbyking TX (https://hobbyking.com/en_us/hobby-ki...E&gclsrc=aw.ds)

Any help appreciated!

Thanks
    Jon

Team Kaizen

Does it matter where I put the wires from the ESC into the receiver (I realise that negative needs to be at the bottom though...I think) and what else could I be missing?
    The plugs do need to be the right way around in the receiver and in the correct pins as each set of pins is mapped to a channel on the transmitter (so up/down on the left stick is one channel, left/right on the left stick is another channel etc etc).
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Team Kaizen

That will require a bit of playing/experimenting about with but in my experience, it is channels 1 and 2 mapped to the left and 3 and 4 mapped to the right. It does vary per receiver though.

Hi Jon,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble.

I've never tried the FeatherTwo with the Hobbyking Tx/Rx setup you have there so it's possible it's not compatible.
    The Lemon Rx should definitely work with the FeatherTwo, but won't bind to that transmitter as it is a DSM2/ DSMX receiver (depending on what type you bought), where as the Hobbyking Tx has it's own custom protocol ( "Only HK-T6A receiver is compatible with HK-T4A transmitter." ).

The options are either buy a DSM2/X compatible TX (a wise investment as most people use DSM2/X compatible radio systems in robots and it's easy to get spare RXs), or ship me the radio system and your FeatherTwos and I can see if i can resolve the compatibility issues, though this may take a while. In the event that you try it on the Lemon and it still doesn't work, ship the FeatherTwo back to me and I'll check it over.

If you get a DSMX compatible TX, I'd suggest either
    https://hobbyking.com/en_us/orangerx...k-version.html
    or
    http://robotwars101.org/forum/viewto...devo+7e#p58972
    Last edited by Rapidrory; 24th February 2018 at 18:22.

Team Kaizen

You need to put splice in the fuse and removable link into either the positive or negative side of the circuit from the battery. I use the positive side on The Honey Badger. I wired my LED for my Antweight in my simply bridging the positive and negative wires after the link. I'll see if I can dig out a picture in a bit.

DSCF6050.JPG

The order is battery, (link if separate), fuse, LED then ESC (the blu-tack was a temporary measure to prevent a short).
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 27th February 2018 at 09:42.

Register To Comment