Register To Comment
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Ant Weight Circuit Help

Hey! sorry, I use so much shorthand these days I forget to word things properly sometimes, I blame work...

I'm entering 2, Pullover (the grabby/flippy/wedgy thing, and Scrap Special (fighting as Pushup, since Pushup V.1 has had a minor LiPo fire due to user error)

Anyway, it looks to me like the Left side motors are behaving normally, from what I can tell they respond to the inputs and spin in the right directions... and there was a point near the end of the video when the motors seem to stop for a split second and the stick was off centre... do they continue to spin if you turn off the tx? have you set your trims?

I'm fairly new to this myself, but I'll volunteer to meet up before the event on sunday and help out anyway I can if you're still stuck?

PS, that's a beefy looking lifter arm there sir .

Bad Wolf

so it got to this stage with abit of trimming, worked for about 30 seconds before this, but as you can see after that short drive around, I stopped to show the lifting arm working, but since then I’ve had 0 drive :/ changed the battery just to test but no movement at all now, but the lifting arm is working fine! :/

thanks Retroman! looking forward to seeing Pullover!

Bad Wolf

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    looking forward to seeing Pullover!
    Aww shucks! She is, by far, the better built of the 2, but anymore than a glance shows her up, not a pretty girl and pretty wild with a full charge...

so it got to this stage with abit of trimming, worked for about 30 seconds before this, but as you can see after that short drive around, I stopped to show the lifting arm working, but since then I’ve had 0 drive :/ changed the battery just to test but no movement at all now, but the lifting arm is working fine! :/

Ok, lets start simple, the battery is ok because the LED stayed on, and you swapped anyway... The motors themselves should be ok, 3 don't burn out at exactly the same moment... Has the arm touched/knocked/pinched anything inside? Has anything rattled loose? What ESC are you running?

It's a shame, looked like it was moving well, seem pretty controllable too, I know the feeling, I was soldering (again) at 01:00 this morning...

Bad Wolf
    Quote Originally Posted by Retroman View Post
    Aww shucks! She is, by far, the better built of the 2, but anymore than a glance shows her up, not a pretty girl and pretty wild with a full charge...

Ok, lets start simple, the battery is ok because the LED stayed on, and you swapped anyway... The motors themselves should be ok, 3 don't burn out at exactly the same moment... Has the arm touched/knocked/pinched anything inside? Has anything rattled loose? What ESC are you running?

It's a shame, looked like it was moving well, seem pretty controllable too, I know the feeling, I was soldering (again) at 01:00 this morning...

Yeah the 30 seconds I was driving it was great! Months of planning and building and then “that’s it I’ve had enough of being a robot I’m going back to being abit it metal in a box” hahaha

the motors can turn, so nothing jamming them, nothing I can see is loose, it’s a das Mikro with a lemon receiver.

The wires are abit free if im honest, and most are under the arm, but I can’t see anything that has come away from
    the motors, even if one did get broken off the other 2 would still work though right?

I’ve managed to get my second bot moving (it’s the slowest thing ive ever seen in my life but it moves and goes where I want it too atleast)

Atleast the controller side of things has had a step in the right direction today!

Bad Wolf

it’s a das Mikro with a lemon receiver

Atleast the controller side of things has had a step in the right direction today!
    We can chalk atleast 1 point then, I have a Dasmikro in the scrapbot, I had a nightmare last night/this morning after a pad came off the board.

Looking at it logically, The RX is working, the batteries are working, it's slowly pointing a bony finger at the ESC I'm afraid (disclaimer: not an expert), how long have you had the dasmikro? I'm sure I read on robotwars101 that there seemed to be a bad batch floating about and more than a few were getting cooked. I have, or will have, a couple of single channel ESC's in my toolbox for an emergency (had one or two myself lately), it will run... Or I'll tell it's mum...

slowest thing ive ever seen in my life
    Pullover being 'fast' and twitchy is it's biggest weakness... I'm rubbish...

One thing I notice with your wiring (shown in link above) is that you have the black and red wire cut off one of your connectors. I worry about this shorting out and causing problems. It is quite easy to take those pins out of the connectors to save risking any problems (see video below).

Bad Wolf
    Thanks PaulusSmallus! Never thought about that! I’ll give that a go!

Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf
    Okay so a few updates, I now have “Phantom Fox” fully working (should be renamed The OAP Fox due to its speed) but it does work!

Axe On, Axe Off is an Axe bot I bought from Shakeys store, but I’ve managed to mess up the controls, so it drives perfectly but the Axe doesn’t go up or down at all

so any help with that would be great! :/

and its kinda the oppersite problem still with Baby Bronco, it’s lifter works but not it’s drive, I’ve had a look again at the wires and nothing is leaping out at me, everything is still soldered and everything still seems connected with no snipped wires touching so still really not sure what’s going on :/

i do have kind of an “extension” I put on a motor wire (red) as it wouldn’t quite reach and the two wires are out but it isn’t touching anything else (shown in the video)

So 1 totally finished, 1 no drive but weapon and 1 drive but no weapon! NEARLY there lol! Just need to get over these last two hurdles! Any help would be great!

Thanks

Bad Wolf

Just been mesing with mine, and all drive died, the Batt - wire was coming away from the pad, figured I'd post incase it helped.

Bad Wolf
    But if that was happening with mine wouldn’t the lifter not lift at all either?

Bad wolf

Register To Comment