Register To Comment
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ant Weight Circuit Help

Team Kaizen

The yellow things look like resistors to me. Not sure what they are for though... perhaps someone with a Dasmikro can expand on that.

I think the layout looks right (again, I don't have one so can't be entirely sure - no wiring diagram with it?) but for the JR wires, only one needs to be fully soldered onto the ESC. The other one, you'll need to only solder in the signal wire onto the board.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Bad Wolf
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocracoke View Post
    The yellow things look like resistors to me. Not sure what they are for though... perhaps someone with a Dasmikro can expand on that.

I think the layout looks right (again, I don't have one so can't be entirely sure - no wiring diagram with it?) but for the JR wires, only one needs to be fully soldered onto the ESC. The other one, you'll need to only solder in the signal wire onto the board.

Why does only one JR wire need to be fully soldered? So I don’t need all four wires into the DasMikro from the JR cables?

Bad Wolf

The yellow things are capacitors and are connected to the motor terminals to mitigate electromagnetic emissions from the motors. I have used dasmikros in most of my ants and i have never had any problems assiociated with emi, so i have never used them.

So is this the right lay out? I’ve got red and black going to the motors, two JR cables and then a power cable
    I am finding it hard to associate where you intend to place the wires, atleast where the signal wires going to the RC are. However, assuming you intend to solder the wires closest to their terminals then VCC and Ground are incorrectly placed.

Here is what the banggood gives you for wiring referencing. Its a bit poor but you can start from here. Also it would be very informative if you can draw a wiring diagram. It helps loads when figuring out where to connect things. It doesnt have to be fancy a simple windows paint drawing will do.

sfdsdafskdajfsdahf.png
    Last edited by Scottie; 21st February 2018 at 17:05.

Why does only one JR wire need to be fully soldered? So I don’t need all four wires into the DasMikro from the JR cables?
    Assuming that the on board regulator is powering your lemonRX then you only need one 5V wire and one GND wire to make a complete circuit as all the GND pins are linked together on the lemon, same thing with its positive voltage pins. So on one of the JR cables you can leave them unsoldered. I would advise that you cut them in such a way that the metal parts of the wires cannot touch.

Bad Wolf
    Here are some pics of what I’ve done so far, not sure if it’s right :/

https://imgur.com/gallery/0VG9v

https://imgur.com/gallery/ZPxBL

Is that on the right lines?

Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    Assuming that the on board regulator is powering your lemonRX then you only need one 5V wire and one GND wire to make a complete circuit as all the GND pins are linked together on the lemon, same thing with its positive voltage pins. So on one of the JR cables you can leave them unsoldered. I would advise that you cut them in such a way that the metal parts of the wires cannot touch.
    My heads abit mashed on this point, but say there is 4 pads for JRs, I solder 3 out of the 4? And leave 1 wire not soldered? And snip it off short so it can’t touch anything else? If so, which colour, black or red?

Bad Wolf

My heads abit mashed on this point, but say there is 4 pads for JRs, I solder 3 out of the 4? And leave 1 wire not soldered? And snip it off short so it can’t touch anything else? If so, which colour, black or red?
    So you have two JR connectors. solder all of one JR connector to 3 pins (black to GND, Red to 5V and white to singal one). With the second JR connector only solder the signal wire (white to signal two).

apart from that everything looks good. Very neat.
    Last edited by Scottie; 21st February 2018 at 17:22.

Bad Wolf
    So like this?

https://imgur.com/gallery/HaYEn

does it matter which pad the single white one goes into out of the 4 ?
    Bad Wolf

Team Kaizen

So long as it is a signal pad as per the link Scottie posted, it is OK. It will influcence which channel is the forwards/backwards and which one is the side to side channel though.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Bad Wolf
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocracoke View Post
    So long as it is a signal pad as per the link Scottie posted, it is OK. It will influcence which channel is the forwards/backwards and which one is the side to side channel though.
    Okay thanks guys, you’ve been really helpful! I’ll give that a blast now and see if I get anything moving!

Bad Wolf

Register To Comment