Register To Comment
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ant Weight Circuit Help

I agree with Ocracoke, do you have any documents with this? I cannot find anything worthwhile online. Have you contacted the supplier and asked for their help?

Team Kaizen

I am kicking myself. At the Beetle Brawl, Chris from ARC Robotics was there and I was chatting away with him for ages. I am sure he was the guy who makes these...
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Bad Wolf
    https://m.imgur.com/gallery/RI8ow

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/vCwkP

Ive taken pictures of the front and back of the paper work I had with it!
    Picked up one of those switches from maplins yesterday, managed to accidentally throw it in the bin outside maplins by mistake so then had to go back in and buy another, just wanted to reference that to show how I’m not only a noob at making robots but also Life it seems Hahahaha!

Bad Wolf

Team Kaizen

Picked up one of those switches from maplins yesterday, managed to accidentally throw it in the bin outside maplins by mistake so then had to go back in and buy another, just wanted to reference that to show how I’m not only a noob at making robots but also Life it seems Hahahaha!
    Oops. :P

So having looked back at the video and the wiring diagram, it looks to me that the ESC is indeed wired correctly.

I know you've mentioned that the connections have been checked, I would check them again (and very carefully, with a magnifying glass if you have one).

I'd also pull out one of the JR plugs from the Lemon (so the ESC is only connected via the one JR plug) to see if it responds to input then. If it doesn't, plug in one of the servos you have into the Lemon (using the channel that you disconnected the ESC from), turn on the ESC and then see if you can move the servo with the controller.

If it doesn't work, try rebinding the Lemon to the Devo. Otherwise, I can't think of much else other than it shorting somewhere.

I also note, from the Lemon website, that the pins nearest to the bind plug are the the normal Throttle/Aileron/Rudder pins so I'd plug the ESC into the Aileron and Rudder pins (I think you have them plugged into Gear and Aux).
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 13th February 2018 at 10:10.

Something I find unclear about those instructions is the calibration process. I cant work out if you have to energise the ESC with throttle at full or you energise the esc then move the throttle to full.

Did you follow calibration process? Can you re calibrate it? I cannot find the information required to put the ESC into calibration mode.

Bad Wolf
    So I’ve put the servo I have into the Lemon and it works, and during watching the video back I noticed one of the motors have snapped off so I’m currently putting on two new motors and I’ll let you guys know how it goes! Here’s the video!

https://youtu.be/7hoCALzyeos

Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf
    And that escalated quickly.... smoke coming from the esc! burning smell... and it looks like it’s game over hahaha!

*Edit... its back “working” in the same way it was, one motor going super fast, no change when I move anything on my controller, and the other motor does nothing, something I’ve realised is that the motor will only move when I have both JR plugs in, does this mean I’ve possibly soldered over the lines?

Bad Wolf
    Last edited by Bad Wolf; 20th February 2018 at 11:42.

Team Kaizen

Oh no! Definite short circuit somewhere. Bring it with you to the social, may as well do a post mortem on it.

OH no! Im sorry to hear that! and that ESC looked quite expensive. Make sure you contact the supplier about it. You might get an exchange perhaps? Do you have an event in mind for your ant? I could perhaps suggest a cheaper alternative if you decide to use a different esc but it can take around 10 days to be delivered to the UK.

the one I would suggest is probably not as functional as yours as it is doesn't have diode braking.

Bad Wolf
    I have it working again, but same problem of only one motor working, but again I think it’s a mistake on my part not the ESC. I at first just want to be able to make a pusher bot and then after that look at a lifter/ flipper ( but I have the servos for that) so yeah Any help with other ESC or Lemons that are easier to work and instal would be a big help! I’m still manically refreshing the page until the Nano Twos come back out again! But I would like to make something myself as well if possible! I don’t have any event in mind, I don’t think I can make it to the Bath event but I would like to get to Event sometime soon! But there’s no mad rush or anything!

Bad Wolf

Register To Comment