Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any 2018 Heavy Weight Events

Triceratop
    Hi everyone,
    I have just completed my first heavy weight robot and anxious to use it. It looks like Robot Wars series 11 is taking a bit of a back burner this year. So was wondering if anyone is aware of any up and coming events for heavy weights this year?

Team Kaizen

There is definitely Robots Live! and Extreme Robots this year, they have already posted their dates on the respective websites but they have yet to post the signup forms.

A combined list of dates (subject to change of course)

21st - 22nd April: Extreme Robots Manchester
    28th - 29th April: Robots Live! Burgess Hill
    19th - 20th May: Extreme Robots Portsmouth
    9th - 10th June: Extreme Robots Guildford
    23rd - 24th June: Robots Live! Grantham
    15th - 16th Sept: Extreme Robots Colchester
    21st - 23rd Sept: Extreme Robots Chatham
    22nd - 23rd Sept: Robots Live! Stevenage (FRA HW championship I believe)
    27th - 28th Oct: Extreme Robots Maidstone
    10th - 11th Nov: Extreme Robots Gloucester

As an aside, EXR Chatham and RL Stevenage clash... which makes things slightly interesting because of the championship that weekend.

If your Heavyweight is a spinner, you won't be able to run it at Robots Live! events, their arena isn't classed for them (unless that has changed?) and Extreme Robots have their own limitations about the tip speed, again because of the class of arena.
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 12th January 2018 at 15:15.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Triceratop
    Hi Michael, once again you've come up trumps for me (not president...) thank you very much for the info. I didn't realise there were other websites too. My robot is not spinner, it's a ramming robot so shouldn't be problem.

Team Kaizen

Yeah, it shouldn't be a problem provided it passes tech check of course Hopefully I'll have Kaizen running by Grantham in time to iron out any flaws in it.

Triceratop
    I've stuck rigidly to Robot wars build rules, especially with the electrical side, so all should be good . Grantham will be one of my choice venues if all goes well, so hopefully we'll meet up there. Guess we both could be trialling our bots... can't wait...

Team Kaizen

Though it isn't likely to cause any issues, the FRA does have its own set of rules which the RW rules closely follow but there are some differences so it is worth checking that your bot meets both of them. I can't see why it wouldn't but you never know.

Triceratop
    From what I can see is the FRA insist on a fuse and light after the link. But will check again. Thanks.

Hi Cliff-any photos of your Robot ?
    Does Your Robot have a active weapon ? as I believe that's a must
    if you wish to take part in Robot Wars television events and auditions.

Triceratop
    Hi Colin, Here is an early photo. You will see that there are no active weapons, just the robot as a whole.

Picture1.jpg

They'll be put up on here eventually but traditionally the season starts earliest February. The year's events tend to go up after the Dublin event this week.

Register To Comment