Register To Comment
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Merseyside/Chester/North Wales social?

Bad Wolf
    I start DJing at 8 in Bangor, but I get there 7:45 to set up etc. If I left at 6 ish I would make it to Bangor easy, I’d be up for meeting somewhere before if possible or do-able?

I just put it into AA route Planner and apparently it would take 1 hour 25 mins!

Bad Wolf
    Last edited by Bad Wolf; 16th February 2018 at 19:24.

Team Kaizen

Sounds about right, I can make St.Asaph in about 55 minutes if it is all clear, which it usually isn't on the A55.

Give me a day or so to work out where we can meet beforehand. It'll very likely be "en-route" to the cafe.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Bad Wolf
    Yeah that sounds good to me, yeah the A55 is the bane of my life haha! cheers Ocracoka!

Bad Wolf
    Last edited by Bad Wolf; 16th February 2018 at 22:40.

Team Kaizen

There is a Starbucks just off Junction 5 of the M53 which we can do a pre-meet at. I can be there at 3.30pm, noting that I would need to shoot off at 4.30pm to get to the cafe to get the place setup for us. Would that work?

Starbucks,
    1408 New Chester Road,
    A41 North,
    Eastham,
    Wirral
    CH62 9AQ

Bad Wolf
    Yeah that would work for me mate! I’ll be there! Nice one!

Bad Wolf

Team Kaizen

A week to go, getting all excited for it now. I've started putting together the arena so at least we will have somewhere for the Ants (and perhaps 1v1 Beetles) to fight in. For the sake of measurement, it is a 810mm square arena which, I appreciate, isn't the biggest thing in the world but better than nothing.

I'll be private messaging the folks who have expressed an interest in coming shortly but if you are planning on coming along and haven't said you are, a reminder of the meet locations:

There will be a pre-meet at the Starbucks cafe just off J5 of the M53 from 3.30-4.30pm. This will literally just be meet and greet as the cafe are not aware we will be coming.

The main meet is at the InSpire cafe in St.Lukes church in Poulton, Wirral at the top of the M53 (follow signs for All docks, then take a left at the roundabout, it is at the top of the short hill). This will be from 5.00 - 7.00pm. We will have the place to ourselves so I'll aim to get the arena setup before then.

Whilst all weight classes are welcome, I'd advise that Feathers and heavier be static only since the cafe made it abundantly clear to me that damaging the floor is... not advised. If it goes well, I see no reason why we couldn't make this a regular thing.

Pre-meet venue
    Starbucks,
    1408 New Chester Road,
    A41 North,
    Eastham,
    Wirral
    CH62 9AQ

Main Venue
    InSpire Coffee Bar,
    The Spire,
    Breck Rd,
    Wallasey,
    Wirral,
    CH44 3BB

Can't wait to go
    Got my ant prepared, definitely a bit rough around the edges. Who knew zipties and a soldering iron could be so useful?!
    08fe9f13-0d35-4aa7-97f4-08850051d0c9.jpg
    2 hours + leftover electronics + a lot of swearing = this

Team Kaizen

Haahaha, looks good! My Ant decided to break a motor wire yesterday so it means having to dismantle the entire thing to get to it. Might just order some better motors whilst I am at it.

Hey! Sorry I missed this, hope it all went well.

The car failed the dreaded MOT... anyways, I'll be along for the next one, should have something built for then too í ½í±

Team Kaizen

Hey! Sorry I missed this, hope it all went well.
    Hmm??? The meeting is on the 3rd of March (this Saturday) from 3.30pm - 4.30pm at the Starbucks and from 5.00 - 7.00pm at the InSpire cafe as above (http://www.fightingrobots.co.uk/thre...l=1#post471407)

The car failed the dreaded MOT...
    I feel your pain, mine decided to seize up one of the brake callipers days before the MOT runs out.
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 26th February 2018 at 15:53.

Register To Comment