Register To Comment
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Merseyside/Chester/North Wales social?

Bad Wolf
    Great stuff! I should be there! Hopefully ill have something to bring with me too!

Bad Wolf

Team Kaizen

So far I have got a few expressions of interest with people who want to come along, those being

Myself
    Bad Wolf
    Theo
    Daveimi
    Cjsowry
    5uperCrab
    Retroman

We are going to have the cafe to ourselves, it turns out you can hire that without hiring the main hall. I know of a few other folks who would want to come, just haven't had a chance to ask yet. If you do plan on coming, let me know here so I can get a good guess at the numbers though I doubt it will be an issue.
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 26th February 2018 at 16:02.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

I'm North shropshire, but working that day. Might be abke to get it off!!! What we doing, can we have fights at this cafe??! Plus what weight classes?!

Team Kaizen

Any weight class is welcome to come along but as for fights, we'll see The owners had made it clear to me that damaging the floor is a no no (obviously) and the car parking around the cafe isn't tarmacked. If there is a lot of interest, I may build an arena for this but it would be restricted to the AW and possibly BW classes...
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 27th January 2018 at 23:04.

Bad Wolf
    I’ll 100% be there! Hopefully have a couple of Ant Weights with me!

Bad Wolf

Might throw together an ant with what I have lying around.... could be a bit overweight. Still, looking forward to it!

Team Kaizen

Excellent to hear on both fronts. If we do end up having a few bouts, I won't be enforcing the weight limits precisely, it is meant to be a friendly, welcoming evening after all. I still need to actually build the arena... :P

Bad Wolf
    Just sounding this one out but would anyone be up for making the meet slightly earlier? I work Saturday Nights and would have to leave about 6 ish, I still would probably come for that first hour and I don’t want to demand to change the time if everyone else wants it 5-7 haha but just putting it out there I’d be well happy if it did happen abit earlier (obvs I’m not sure how it would work with the venue etc as well) but yeah just throwing it out there? :/

Edit - just seen it starts at 6 so scrap my request, I don’t think I’ll be able to make it at all I’m affraid! Sorry guys!

Bad Wolf
    Last edited by Bad Wolf; 16th February 2018 at 14:38.

Team Kaizen

Edit - just seen it starts at 6 so scrap my request, I don’t think I’ll be able to make it at all I’m affraid! Sorry guys!
    Hmm? The meeting starts at 5pm... so you'd need to leave at 5 to get to work?

As for pushing it back, I doubt I'll be able to. The cafe itself shuts to the public at 4pm and they need time to clean and cash up. Doesn't mean we couldn't meet up somewhere else before going to the cafe but I am wary of lugging around our robots (and a potential arena).
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 16th February 2018 at 15:10.

Register To Comment