Register To Comment

Thread: Beetleweight rules ?

The Beetle rules are the same as the rules for all other weight classes under "Health and Safety".

If there is no mention of a rule, then it doesnt apply unless the EO makes it an additional. For example if there is no mention of a size limit, it is because there is none. So long as the robot fits through the arena door it can enter a fight.

The only real rule difference beetles have compared to other weight classes is allowing 2 robots per driver.

Team Kaizen

The only real rule difference beetles have compared to other weight classes is allowing 2 robots per driver.
    Wouldn't that also be at the discretion of the EO?

The rules, as pointed out, apply to all weight classes unless the rule specifically state that they only apply to a specific class (so off the top of my head, inverted links only apply to Heavyweights for example and the types of allowed transmitter).
    Last edited by Ocracoke; 29th November 2017 at 09:51.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Yes thats also at the discretion of the EO, however in general as standard its 2 robots per driver.

For example, I have allowed 3 robots for one driver before on the basis they was entering a fun non competitive robot. Similarly at UWE we got so many entries we had to prioritise the first robot for every driver so now most drivers 2nd robots form up the reserves.

Team Kaizen

Fair enough, I was casting my mind back to the FRA Featherweight championships this year where it wad 1 robot per driver rather than 2 robots per driver.

Yes featherweights are generally always 1 robot per driver as per the rules as written, its Beetleweights which tend to be the exception

Triceratop
    Hi Michael, I cannot find any max dimensions for a Beetleweight robot, are there any or is just covered by weight (1.5kg)?

Team Kaizen

That is correct, there aren't any max dimensions per se for Beetles or heavier apart from those specified in the FRA rulebook. For reference, my beetleweight (Shu!) is 16.4cm x 32.5cm x 26cm (length x width x height).

Register To Comment