Register To Comment
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Kaizen - Kaizen

Team Kaizen

Mine are possibly the 1016 variant then. Speed controllers should be OK with these motors (and much more besides by the looks of it). I might possibly need another set of batteries though, the 3S1P batteries are up to 19.8v nominal at the moment but the motors are 24v. Another 3S1P battery will bring it to 29.7v nominal but I want to see what the performance is on this pair first.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

You can relax I tested my cytron with 2x 24v my1020 on sunday worked a treat as my back up plan for 2nd bot I did run them on 36v without issue too.

Team Kaizen

I am not worried about the voltage through the controller but it will mean extra voltage for the motor and again, I just want to see how it does "as-is". Still need some wheels first though...

I have a few spare

Team Kaizen

To fit the shaft of my motors? I'd be most interested.

Just wheels you could easily machine a hub for them.

Team Kaizen

What are the dimensions of the wheel and the shaft diameter?

Team Kaizen

So been working on the wiring for Kaizen this evening, a basic, not quite finished, wiring loom eventually emerged after a heated exchange with the XT90 connectors not keeping the wires in the cups after being soldered. Eventually, managed to get them soldered in and almost ready to test wire to the batteries and motors.

I also drilled and bolted the motors to the polycarbonate base with oh-so-meaty M8 bolts. It is very rare I get the big, big screwdriver out to screw stuff in. It is likely that I'll go down the Pulsar/Magnetar route and bolt everything down rather than weld (though I'll likely need the weapon welding up in some measure - the design has changed a fair bit since the original drawing at the beginning of this thread).

Two pictures of the bolted in motors and the ESC wiring (lens flare is free )

DSCF6206.JPGDSCF6212.JPG

Looking good as always. I think I’ve seen those motors dotted around eBay, 800w right? Please let me know how they get on with the Cytron ESC

Team Kaizen

They are 500w - I had planned to get 800w originally but ended up with these. I've not quite decided on the weapon motor though, may yet be an 800w or maybe, just maybe, something with more oomph. I really want this to be moving first before hand though.

Register To Comment