Register To Comment
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Electric Axe featherweight - first build of FW

Roboteer

Status
    Name
    Nat
    Robots
    Wanna Choppa (Axe FW) Short Circuit (HW RWs6) Locking Wheel Nuts (AW) DELLapidated bANTtery (AW) Lo
    On my way back from Manchester today after seeing the Spice Girls! Woop, I made a detour to a Wilko to get a bike tyre. My initial thought about those cheaper brand tyres are that they seem to be more plastic that rubber, so have a higher shore and less grip. Anyway, I went into town the store, and it was one of those smaller stores that have smaller range of stock and no bike tyres! Got some grass seed so that’s good.

A quick google and a Halfords was 4 minutes away so popped into there and yay, 4 tyres! 2 super slick road bikes, maybe not as useful, one mountain bike with no knobbly bikes, and one good tyre that seems to have been slashed by a disgruntled motorist... anyway, I now have 2 out of 6 useful tyres so this week I will be making some new lighter wheels.

Had a lovely chat to the store assistant too about combat robots and said the touring events will be around the north area And to check out extreme robots. She asked about ticket costs as her son would love to see it, so hopefully drumming up some audience too

I’m also going to try and machine the current wheels down to fit onto the wheel hubs as I have enough weight to play with now so I can use the current wheels with the new hubs should I not have enough grip.

Thank you to Halfords Eastleigh and Manchester! And Eastleigh Tip

Roboteer

Status
    Name
    Nat
    Robots
    Wanna Choppa (Axe FW) Short Circuit (HW RWs6) Locking Wheel Nuts (AW) DELLapidated bANTtery (AW) Lo
    Really need to update the progress of the bot since ER Guildford where i had the pleasure of testing out the new higher powered arena floor flipper.

The outcome of which was 2 broken plastic tabs i added recently before, that supported the output shaft of the drive gearboxes. i think they saved the motors from sever damage.

It also broke one of the brushes inside the motor.

The axe became bent and a wheel screw came loose.

Other than that i was ready to fight the next battle.

Since then i have been replacing the motors and the bracket that needed to be.

Im going to add on some tab claws that stop other robots from just riding over the bot so i can gain control of them.

Other news, I have made some purchasing of parts for my pneumatic bot. The complete pneumatic setup should be here in a few days.

Roboteer

Status
    Name
    Nat
    Robots
    uh oh... just taken delivery of 3 paintball tanks for my pneumatic build....
    1 more in the post this afternoon!

Roboteer

Status
    Name
    Sam
    Robots
    Ensign Wedgeley Crusher (FW)
    Is that going to be a flipper or a pneumatic axe? Exciting times either way!

Register To Comment