Register To Comment
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Robo Challenge Championships - Insomnia 61

Best bet is to email James/Grant and ask. I haven't seen any mention of what the entry fees are this year so not quite able to tell from the Paypal amount listed when you go to pay.

Team Tauron is confirmed with Spectre (Yes, it's now properly called Spectre and not Straddle!)
    Last edited by SnowLabs; 1st August 2017 at 13:42.

It was £25 for me. I'll probably show up with both bots regardless, even if one doesn't get a run in the competition. Still though, I might email James to ask.

Looks like your all scared of a little black box, running around like a Lunatic. Sadly I didn't get in. To be fair, it is just a black box on wheels, very little experience and not well made. More time on the heavyweight then. No worries, i'll just have to Smash you all at the live events instead. Good luck to everyone, hope you break each other to bits. Might have a mk2 or an entirely new build for 2018. Enjoy and look forward to the videos.

Following the rw rules going the way of allowing entanglement will this likely be something which will be allowed in the future with feather weights? Interested to know views on this! - Also I'm taking it that entanglements not allowed at this?

Since it's RW rules i thought entanglement was allowed, it would be pretty cool to see it work, probably more effective than in heavies

Flat Damon didn't make it . No mention of a reserve list. Fancy a fight in the car park Chris?
    Last edited by lowndsy; 2nd August 2017 at 16:44.

Quote Originally Posted by R9000 View Post
    Did you guys get some kind of notification for your individual bots? I'm entering two, but I just got the one confirmation email saying that my application had been accepted. I ask because people are talking about a reserve list...
    I have a similar issue, Amnesia 2 was accepted but Halcyon is a reserve. The invoice I received is for one robot only, is anyone aware of this being normal or should I have received an invoice for both?

Progress on both is going well, (thanks to Haz on the A2 side of things) both should be ready in time to get smashed up...

Last edited by HereticBlue; 2nd August 2017 at 17:30.

Team Kaizen

Looks like I might not be able to attend fully - apparently I am meant to be at a wedding on the Sunday. I've e-mailed the organisers to see if I could still enter the side events (presumably the main competition goes over all 2/3 days) if there are any this year.
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Hi Guys

Just a quick clarification on the rule sets.

Firstly Entanglement - This is not permitted in the main championship for this year only. It will be allowed as per RW rules in the side competitions and whiteboards so we can test how it works in FW's. the maximum permitted length will be 300mm

Link positions - For this year it is not required to have an extra link on all invertible robots although I would strongly advise building this in if you can.

All other RW rules still stand. Thank you.

Register To Comment