Register To Comment
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Robo Challenge Championships - Insomnia 61

Hi Guys

We're very excited to be taking Insomnia to the next level by hosting our annual Championships as one of the main attractions for the largest gaming event in the UK. The event will be held at the NEC from August 25th to the 28th and will be open to up to 50 teams plus reserves. There's lots more information coming very soon along with sign ups so please do keep your eyes peeled and get building! We cant wait to see what you guys are building, its going to be an awesome event I promise! I hope you can all make it.

James - Robo Challenge

Nice one!

Is it a simple first come first served sign up this time or an application/selection process?

Do we need to buy tickets for insomnia on all those days? I've not done this before.
    Last edited by Theo; 12th June 2017 at 22:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Flag Captured View Post
    Nice one!

Is it a simple first come first served sign up this time or an application/selection process?
    Hi Matt

It will be an application basis however we will aim to let everyone know asap and try to get as many people there as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Theo View Post
    Do we need to buy tickets for insomnia on all those days? I've not done this before.
    There is an entry fee however this covers you for entry into Insomnia for all the days.

Great to hear, James. Insomnia was ace last year. Don't know yet if I can make it (depends on work/life things) but will do my best!

Sign me up now!!! I'll start packing as soon as I finish my happy dance

I don't know how you seem to manage to make it over to the UK every year, Nick. It's crazy.

I'm definitely applying though, maybe I'll even have a new machine finished in time.

Its going to be harder this year; the Aussie Championships are one week before Robochallenge. That's a 2,000 Km road trip followed by a 17,000 Km flight with only 2 days between. Stress & jet-lag will be off the charts.

For newbies, can anyone expand on what the Championship is? Weight classes etc? We (ARC Robotics) may have a heavy and a couple of feathers to enter....

Register To Comment