Register To Comment
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: Project Squirrel

I start this update after a long *ss time of not managing to update anyone, but I still plan on working on this robot, even as I write this up on my birthday. 27 today, so that's fun haha.

I've been debating on whether or not to order some plastic that's cut to the basic sizes of the robot itself, so I can just trim and so on and so forth. Or to at least get the stuff like the side panels, baseplate, back panel and middle sections. I've drawn out everything over and over, just to see if everything'd fit, tabs and all, and go from there, marking up the screw markings and motor positions.

That would work, right?

Team Kaizen

I think so. That's kind of how I've been angling on my Middleweight in that I order the basic size of the sheets I need and then cut it to shape as required. The planning you mention should mean it should all fit but can nothing be reused from the previous attempt?
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

Well a majority of the plastic I've used like the baseplate, centre pieces and sideplates'll be useless unless I decide to turn them into little wedgelets, but the electrical stuff's fine, just need some rejigging here and there, possibly a little rewiring, but everything electrical is pretty much good.

If anything, I'd need to figure out how to cut the lights out of the previous attempt and attach them to the new one... maybe I'll just make it as a separate sunken panel and cover it with a clear plastic to protect those lights.

So, a genuine concern popped up in my head earlier, and I'm just wishing to know... are there any dimensional rules I have to follow? Like, having to be under a certain width/height/length? If so, then I might have to completely rethink my design or just full on shrink it down by half or so.

There isnt a restriction really with dimensions, just the bigger you make it, then thinner or less weight you have free for armour.

Team Kaizen

As Nat says, there isn't any (unlike the AW class which does) for Feathers, so long as it can fit in the door :P

Yeah, sorry i ha my featherweight head on, yes ants have a 4inch cube rule, BBB have bigger dimensions for some of their bogebot buils - check the bbb web pages for those, but beetle up dont.

God I haven't touched this in a year... bloody hell.

So I got to thinking... because my cutting skills are shocking, and I've been getting more and more ideas in my head, I'm gonna try and convince a certain someone to see if I can get a company or someone to cut out some plastic for me, and to add to that, see if there's a way to make a decent electric hammer/axe with some force behind it. Of course I'll have to draw it out first, but you know, the ideas are there. So as soon as I get the ideas all drawn out, maybe I can get back into building.

Covid blows more than a busted leaf blower...

Team Kaizen

Happy to help out if you need it.

If you do need come cheap cutting help of chasis/plastic and aluminium bits or even carbon fibre, Ive been doing some work for other roboteers too, so could offer a hand. check me out on facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Team-SC-Rob...01523448753652 and https://www.facebook.com/PoateRobotics
    Last edited by Roboteernat; 16th August 2021 at 13:34.

Register To Comment