Register To Comment
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Heavy

Figured out my esc can be mixed on its board so tank steering by 2 stalks separately now works on dx6i .

Having been playing this weekend sort of finding time to figure stuff out.

36v the bot is much more lively so on lipo I think it will be just right

Got sparks on esc solved when connecting battery that was really easy.

Blew up the down voltage converter for receiver during the learning process lol

so onto weapon drive next..

Thinking of Binning my lem 48v off ... maybe using 2x or 3x 12dc motors

How did you stop the sparking when connecting the ESC to
    the battery ? as I have a similar problem and the same ESC too.

The sparking when linking up is the capacitators charging.

The way to avoid that is to use a "precharge" link/lead , in short, you "precharge" the capacitators trough a resistor limiting the power that will flow before you put in the main link.

Quote Originally Posted by team death View Post
    How did you stop the sparking when connecting the ESC to
    the battery ? as I have a similar problem and the same ESC too.
    Basically I use a 7.2v battery pack to charge the capacitor like Maddox said i then disconnect and attach the 3x 12v packs as it doesn't
    Discharge

Okay so today was 36v 34amps 3 batteries lead acid in sequence. ...

Ran fine with me stood on it no change to speed or acceleration at 1/4 throttle so 95 kilos doesn't impact it at all..

I Cut out integrated switch on esc to power esc with its' own on/off switch makes charging capacitors easier.

Receiver now runs from esc which didn't Realise was there.. note to self..read manual Chris...

Rammed it full speed into pavement and it shook it off dozen times in a row. Esc fans happy for now and nothing fell off lol

Needs larger rolling diameter wheels next as its overgeared

That is one decent ESC! All that power, durability and chep price! Might order a couple myself.

Team death / myself and kaizen are using them. I think gearing is the key to get the best out of them but I'm over volting wheel chair motors at the moment.. ive tested the my1020 24v too at they like it...

Yet to be battle tested mind ..

Team Kaizen

As I noted in Kaizen's build thread, I'll probably end up adding a few passive heatsinks to mine to add a extra layer of cooling (there is definitely enough space underneath the fans to allow this) but certainly sounds promising at the moment as is. Reckon it'll make it to any events this year?
    Team Kaizen - Build Diary for all the robots

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
    BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
    FW: Azriel
    MW: Jibril, Kaizen

I'm happy with drive, a touch more speed be better but larger wheels I think is all that's needed.

weapon and lipo are next

so April Manchester is not out the question... but mines a spinner so prob not allowed... not sure of rules

Register To Comment