Register To Comment
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clarification required on walker rule

Roboteer

Status
    Name
    Adam
    Robots
    Hyperion (BW) Modus Operandi (BW) Dead Meme (FW - WIP)
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfie489 View Post
    Email this address, its the roboteers specific one

robotwarstechnical@mentorn.tv
    Not sure how eager / quick to reply they'll be. What with the new series already filmed, and its probably too soon for them to know if it'll be recommissioned. I was present at the filming earlier this month, and Dara did repeatedly ask if they'd be back, with another eliminated competitor saying they'd be back without being prompted. Being a positive person, I'm going to hope that means they know already...

Roboteer

Status
    Name
    Gareth
    Robots
    Dystopia (HW), Enforcer (FW), and Defector (FW)
    Quote Originally Posted by Igor View Post
    As this will start off as a beetleweight, is there an equivalent FRA email address for technical questions? or would a Mentorn ruling cover FRA beetleweight competitions as well.
    The FRA rules state explicitly that it requires 2 degrees of freedom to classify as a walker. If you have any specific questions its best to ask the EO of the event your attending or a recognised Tech Checker.
    My 3 loves - Rugby, Racing, and Robotics.

I've now received a reply form Robot Wars.

Although each leg would have 2 degrees of freedom, it is the continuous rotation that qualifies it as a shuffler. As Robot Wars qualifies robots with rolling or sliding mechanisms as shufflers, It looks like continuous rotation counts as a rolling mechanism and so only gets the shuffler allowance under Robot Wars rules and no extra allowance under FRA rules.

Register To Comment