Register To Comment

Thread: Thinking of making a Flipper robot (To shut Dad up :D)

I just redid the basics of our old timer Hannibalito 3.
    As written in the webpage, this is a veteran with 8 years of life in it.
    The battle capable, but unarmored weight is 6.2 kg.

Weight you can't avoid is the CO2 bottle. Unless you want to try the still non succesfull car-compressor route.
    A 20oz Paintball bottle with on/off valve is 1.5kg full. A 12oz is a lot lighter with 1.2 kg.

A FP capable 2/2 valve is 700 gram.

Ram. Depends on diameter and stroke, but unless you go full CNC custom build, you won't get lower than 1 kg.
    Using a Hydraulic ram in suitable dimensions is a lot worse.

Low pressure with commercial parts is equaly annoying in size and weight. Customisation is almost mandatory.
    Finding a usable pressure regulator is a pain in the posterior in its own.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekinky1 View Post
    Wow 6.2kg........ so much weight left for activities
    I'm not going to be doing anything CNC for any of my robots, well not yet anyways.
    I'll start mocking something up on CAD and see where it goes.
    Thanks maddox10
    you'll be surprised how difficult it will be to build the robot around the pneumatics and keep with the weight limit! As Mario mentioned, going for off the shelf parts will make your build even larger and heavier. The least weight I could compress an LP system into was about 2.5kg with custom ram and valves...with off the shelf parts that was x3 heavier But with a light chassis (HDPE) and a simple drive train you should be able to do it.

Attachment 4144Attachment 4145

Thanks Chris for the vote of confidence.

@ Thekinky. I did build rather a lot of FP CO setups in the past 15 years.
    Gravity, Hard, Tough As Nails, Sater II and Project II:Hex'em were the first generation heavies with FP technology learned from icons as Alan Wood, Ian watts and Mike Lambert.

Actualy, the first FP feather in Europe, "Flip" , for Dominic, was one of my hand.
    Then Cutlett came by, and I learned.
    Resulting in machines like Wedgie, Defector, Hannibalito 3, Scotbot, Brobot and a slew of others.

In short, it still ain't easy.
    Hannibalito 3 got reamed the last event.
    The core was undamaged, but the flipperarm got a shape Picasso would praise and the HPDE armor was shredder like a pasta-twig in a blender.
    That is why I'm rebuilding that poor old guy.

I'm having a clear out and will be letting go of a hw fp system and a fw lp system over the next few weeks.
    All of my valves pipes bottles and spare rc equipment too so keep a look out.

Register To Comment