Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Preferred RX for Robotwars arena?

Is there a preferred receiver to go for in the new robotwars arena? did anyone have problems with a particular one?
    I`m using a DX6i and not having run a heavyweight for far too long I thought I`d ask before just buying what works well in featherweights.

Thanks

I got a Spektrum AR610 with my DX6i, that's worked fine for me, though I haven't actually tested it in battle yet.

Depends on the robot. Some teams ran Oranges, other Spetrum with no issues. Ellis was using Oranges and he kept having issues, but that is probably because Pulsar was like a Faraday cage :-P

I'd go with something that you can attach a remote aerial to like this - http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...rodID=SPMAR610 , paired with this - http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/D...ProdID=SPM9645

Thanks, I`ve got an AR somewhere, not sure of the number.

More opinions the better so please keep advising folks

On this topic...(apologies for hijacking John - for what it's worth, for DSM2 I honestly have never had a problem with Oranges or legit Spektrum gear when it comes to reception, but getting something with a satellite reciever is probably prudent to just cover all the bases, especially with wifi/TV/scaffolding/gods know what flying around)

For reasons too complicated and stupid to go into here, I've committed to using Futaba FASST for my heavyweight adventures, and have had trouble finding recievers that failsafe properly without interfacing with the transmitter to do so. None of the official Futaba recievers seem to do that, I do know of some that do (the OrangeRX FASST one and a weird purple one I found that seems to work fine) but I was wondering if anyone else who used it could recommend anything?

PP3D ran an old Futaba TX modded with the FrSky 2.4GHz conversion kit and receiver and had no issues.

Thanks for all the help, I`ll look into all the suggestions.

I ran a DSM2 Lemon RX in Nuts just fine, (though had a problem with a loose elevator pin where I hadn't soldered it in properly). I know a few people did have some signal issues aside from Pulsar, but I'm not sure what they were using.

Olivia Grand
    Well this will be interesting when my cheap and cheerful Chinese controller comes on the scene

Register To Comment