Register To Comment
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: new to roboticis

Right, had a bit of a read up on the specs of the motors. They seem to have a bit of shove behind them, and weirdly enough the speed controller and and battery are similar to what I use. It's me that builds the biscuit tins and baking trays lol. Also usually up for a bit of chopping board action. My build thread is this

http://www.fightingrobots.co.uk/thre...obotics/page38

and it's basically 38 pages of random robot builds. I'm not really sure how to help further, erm but there are lots of pictures so you can see how they go together with screws, velcro, tie wraps and stuff. There is a bit of a culture of CAD, CNC, 3D printing, which I spose can seem intimidating at first till you realise there are a few of us out in the garage sawing bit of wood and tie wrapping stuff together.

You could do something different like be the first beetle to be fastened together with duct tape?

Do you have any ideas on the type of robot you want to build? I would maybe recomment a pusher first.

Quote Originally Posted by daveimi View Post
    It's me that builds the biscuit tins and baking trays lol. Also usually up for a bit of chopping board action. My build thread is this

http://www.fightingrobots.co.uk/thre...obotics/page38

and it's basically 38 pages of random robot builds. I'm not really sure how to help further, erm but there are lots of pictures so you can see how they go together with screws, velcro, tie wraps and stuff. There is a bit of a culture of CAD, CNC, 3D printing, which I spose can seem intimidating at first till you realise there are a few of us out in the garage sawing bit of wood and tie wrapping stuff together.
    Yeah, your build thread is one of my favourites Dave! Its so refreshing to see a few rough edges and a few tie wraps, amd I also like the idea of reusing things.

With regard to the number of wheels / motors, I think you are allowed as many of them as you like, just as long as it meets the 1.5kg limit.

Hdpe/wood and screws will be fine for a body

wish i had more experience with building as im only down the Road in Baschurch

Register To Comment