Register To Comment
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Skinner

Parrot are releasing Slam dunk kit, full mapping and tracking module in 140g package, looks like a good autonomous off the shelf package. http://www.cnet.com/news/parrots-sla...playing-drone/

It's funny, I thought about minibots but then I realised that my disc would take it out every match.

Depends of course if the series director with his meeja degree in applying coloured gels to LED gobbos and Greek story concepts thinks another spinner generates .02 to the BARB rating or prefers some crazeee AI swarm bot to get the judges making a pickup on teknology for the edukatshun segment.

the saying goes, that to finish, you first have to start.

Im being funny of course but I'm looking more about competing than winning.

have a look at Ian's Creepy Crawlies in Battlebots, they are solid little Hardox boxes, but physics is a git, and a big spinner just smacks them about like golf balls...
    http://www.battlebots.com/robot/creepy-crawlies/

yep, was a pity that they drew them against Whyachi for that purpose

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by adamclark; 10th September 2016 at 03:01.

Version 2 about to come to life....

1A Lipo (god i didnt realise how light these are compared to Nicads, LOL)
    a dual driver, gear motors and a pi zero on wifi and a sonar module and a lashed up 5v bec

Now two wheel and we getting some where on the hunt protocol for looking for things near and heading to them. Considering what they do with sumo bots I would have thought there would have been a lot more aiming assist with the crop of feathers and beetles.

Plus it can tweet random rudeness at the same time, suggestions welcome for the minibots and I'll set up a twitter account

squiddly-mk2.jpg

Register To Comment