Register To Comment
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Skinner

I thought is was also that they are somewhat like using entanglement (as well as interfering with electronics as you noted). I suppose it would be best to avoid soft magnets such as ceramics. It is good to know magnets aren't ruled out completely.

I would like to see a larger picture of your concept art actually. I really want to see more builds that are trying to be different and entertaining/funny.

Quote Originally Posted by mole55 View Post
    By Briggs And Stratton, do you mean an Etek or petrol engine?
    Etek, Briggs and Stratton first made the pancake motors, probably replacements for the ride on Mowers,which mostly have vertical crank engines, like the Tecumseh range

Quote Originally Posted by daveimi View Post
    Would you worry about the wheels getting chewed off or is that the part of the design that would appeal to the production crew for good telly lol.
    What could possibly go wrong with exposed wheels, although the mangulator didn't fare too well

I keep meaning to put a matrix together with wheel combinations, wedge vs spinner vs flipper etc to see what makes a good combination.
    Although exposed wheels scream out , do not do! there does seem to be a large percentage of successful robots that seem to get through with them hanging out there. I would probably plan for some side bars though but need to get more creative with the tube bending first.

I would go for belts for power transfer to the drum. I used timing belts onto a smooth ish shaft last season with the whole thing tensioned up to hell but have since decided to switch to V-belts.

Speed control on weapon is preferred but I got away with some chunky power solenoids which worked well.

for just 1p more you could have had killercarrot orange (thus ensuring your wheels fall off)

I reverted to the black buckets as the orange ones tend to delaminate at speed.

Had a bit more time to bend things around, much prefer the new look and trying to work out some brackets for the etek and how it would all go together if made in steel with access to the relevant parts for work and repairs.

IMG_0847.jpgIMG_0848.jpgskinner.jpg
    Last edited by adamclark; 4th September 2016 at 17:57.

First pass of a multi-bot, just a L298N dual motor controller for £4, a rasp pi zero on wifi and a 4wd chassis with a sonar distance detector. Will need to work out a FOE/FOF detector! Have micro motors and a mini LIPO pack on order for the weekend as the end design will be 2wd with a pointy tail.. Quite like the idea of a mini swarm powered with arduino to hunt and follow anything that moves. Trick will be to get the cost down with ebay parts, £5 for a pair of motors, £5 for a LIPO, home made hubs and flappy wheg wheels. Keep the cost down to about £25 so as to deploy at least 10 of them
    squiddly-diddly.jpg

Register To Comment