Register To Comment
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spinning Top Robotics

I would want Mechadon or Snake vs any other robot ever.

higgeh
    I think the challenge on this would be reactionary force. Your area in contact with the ground is sooooo small that any pusher will just push you around.

Yeah. It is that simple (almost). With the speed and computer controlled mass distribution on three axis, a downward fan type assembly, a blade, an rc helicopter gyroscope and a counter revolving upper armour assembly it is in theory doable. I need help with programming and CAD. That is the main problem. I should start committing something to paper.

Can I move this thread under Build Diaries somehow? I suspect if I every had the funds, time and assistance this would end up being bigger than an ant. I would like a proof of concept build before considering a HW. So I'm open to sponsorship!

Quote Originally Posted by higgeh View Post
    I think the challenge on this would be reactionary force. Your area in contact with the ground is sooooo small that any pusher will just push you around.
    You are correct. However I think there may be means of mitigation and modes of counteraction. I am also considering the mind-boggling complicating design consideration of allowing it to hop with some form of pneumatic action (or more likely another alternative).

Quote Originally Posted by Tim The Plumber View Post
    Just an idea....

How about having gyros internally which would allow you to drive the outer shell around and then have some sort of vertical jumping ability to allow you to get on top of the opposition and then just pound down on them to break their wheels etc.
    Yes considering that. The gyros wouldn't be used for any form of "jump". I doubt that would work well. They may produce a shunting force to counteract lack of friction.

The complexity of operation would require an exterior computer to turn calculations into movement. So to any software engineers or anyone with the CAD skills, I am very much open to collaboration.

removed comment

Register To Comment