Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DX6i mixing modes

So, with these TX is there any way to set it up to perform tank drive => steering mode?

Basically got a couple of victors working on simple tank drive mode, but want to do the old L/R + F/R

Still have an old board that does the mixing + invert , but wondered if there was a way now to do it in the TX itself?

Do you basically want tank controls on one stick?

I'm not too familiar with the menu setup on these, but yeah there is an option somewhere for it. I think there's a 'Mixing' menu or sub menu you need to go into to select and set up mixing, but that's about as much as I can offer you I'm afraid. There'll probably be a manual for it online somewhere.

EDIT: Yeah just Google 'dx6i manual' and there are plenty of results. Had a quick look through and it looks like you need to go into the Wing Tail Mix option on the main menu, which then gives you V-Tail and Elevon mixing options.

Ta, will have a try later this week. I've got an old mixing board that has a flip mode setting but I'm starting to think about an arduino and using a tilt switch for "devolved autonomy" to flip the steering when upside down . It's certainly going to be getting a raspberry pi zero too but that's no good for timing reasons.

I've used a dx6i for years and wouldn't change. I've not had any issues with setting up any set ups I've needed. The built in mixing and other features are great I think without things getting too complicated.

The way I did it was to basically mix each of the drive channels into each other. I don't know if this is the right way by any means. But basically, say you've got your left drive on the vertical axis of a stick and your right drive on the horizontal. You press the little scroll wheel in and move down to 'mix 1' and press it again. Then you should be able to select the channel you want to mix, and the channel you want to mix it into. You then just have to alter the throttle level for both (I think I set mine both to +100% or -100%) and then do the same on 'mix 2', but now you mix the channels the opposite way around. This basically means that when the regular action of the channel is added to the mixing input you've added, the output causes both drives to go forward when the stick is forward, and go in opposite directions when it's left or right.

Sorry if this explanation made no sense, I'm doing this from memory right now, and it's hard to put concisely into words. I'll do a video showing how I did it if nobody else can explain better.

Register To Comment