Hi all.

New to robotics building, and looking to see if any of you have any experience with SPARK speed controllers from Texas based REVRobotics, as I don't seem to be able to find any references to them here. I saw them used by a builder on youtube to run a 4wd drill motor based platform, and in the test he did, they seemed to work really well, and they look good, albeit maybe a bit bulky.

I ask because Amazon sells them and ships to the UK, the downside is that the official website of REVRobotics is being flagged by my anti virus program as being a potential danger, (could just be the program being a bit too careful), that does not necessarily mean the products are dubious.

I just made my first robotic platform, a simple wooden base with 2 Argos 12v drill motors being run by 2 Botbitz 30a ESC's from www.ranglebox.com , running on a 12v drill battery to get it rolling. I was going to go for the TZ85's, but out of stock. It works well, but I would like to add 2 more motors for 4wd. Maybe running 2 drill motors from each 30a ESC would push them a tiny bit too far, even on a simple test base.

Of course there are other ESC's (and suggestions very welcome), but the SPARK's seem a solid option for a small, non weaponised design.

I trust the advice here more than trawling through various US forums in a web search.

Thank you all!