I didn't like the posturing. It felt like a vehicle for the promotion of Craig Charles - and the poor people who had slaved over a hot Lathe for the past year were rather secondary. Maybe it's just me, as an Engineer, but I was more interested in the people and the Robots themselves. The technology and ingenuity in the design - and some of it was damn good!

This series, IMHO puts the Robots & Builders centre stage and recognises the amount of work that they have put into building their creation.

I felt the running order (Original Series) of who fights who was rather rigged. I think they had decided who they wanted to see in the heat final and arranged the battles to make this happen. OK, they were chasing ratings - but it made it feel fixed. Particularly if you were directly on the receiving end of this.

I understand it's TV and it's for entertainment. I'd worked in the industry (BBC TV) and I knew how it 'worked' - but even still it felt contrived, if not out & out fixed!

The new series has a better structure with the points based system to determine who goes through and who fights who. They can still fix it a little by deciding who is in the first round, but after that, it's in the hands of the robots.

I think Dara is a much more convincing presenter. He is obviously interested & enthusiastic. That I could not say for Craig Charles.

However, I respect your right to disagree, but I hope I'm not in a minority and the show will continue beyond the first series!