Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HW Name Unknown

I'm starting to build a HW spinner robot and thought I'll start a build diary.I have no drawings I'm going to make it up as I go along I'm using mobility scooter motors

Will post photos tomorrow as my phone don't let me upload photos on this website

Yes I do have common sense but thank you for your reply

If you are planning to use the 2 halfs of the pneumatic tank as your spinner, as you have on your Facebook page, then I will be running the other way as fast as I can.

No spin.jpg

Sorry for being blunt but this is not just unsafe but downright dangerous. There is no way you would ever pass a tech check let alone be allowed to spin it up.

While its great to be using things you already have and was very much in the spirit of the original robots on the show, this just isn't safe. At all.
    Last edited by Eventorizon; 10th July 2016 at 20:37.

Well for start it's not finished and I can't see a problem after all you weld spikes on to spinners what the difference

Welding spikes to a spinner. Wasn't a succes in the past.
    Never seen done it right. I prefer monoblock spinners.

Just spoke to a person who is on robot wars series 8 and said it will be fine as long the weld are strong that's ok I do welding for a living

Have you seen some of the robots that qualified? - ones made of MDF with a petrol engine and lipos.... aka a bomb.

Honestly just being in the new series of RW is not a stamp of competence or quality.

The other problem is you're putting all your eggs in the being accepted into RW basket. Season 2 applications will be hugely competitive and the chances of getting on for most teams won't be great. It's simply a matter of numbers. You're likely to end up with a heavy you'll not be able to run.

Register To Comment