Register To Comment

Thread: Speed Controller

Wanted

A Speed Controller that is suitable for a heavy weight robot.
    Must be in working order.

Will be use for wheel chair motors

I guess a lot of people want that.

Wheelchair motors.
    If it are the 250W variety, you could try 2 TZ85's.

Otherwise you're talking big money.

TZ85s will run wheelchair motors quite nicely, you'd be looking at ~£60 from Hobbyking plus the gear to hack them yourself (another £10-15 depending how fancy you want to be). I know Harry's been testing something called a Cytron too, from Malaysia - that's apparently not unreasonably priced at £120ish and has the advantages of dual channel control and therefore internal mixing.

TANGENT ALERT: @Mario specifically, I've heard a lot mentioned about the Mythras speedos but never found much information on them - what are/were they?

Mytras ESC's are Dutch speedo's build by Cees, the builder of Alien Destructor.
    Tough As Nails, Scraptosaur and Gravity used them during series 7

There isn't a lot of info on the net on those esc's. Getting hold of the builder isn't easy either.

I've thought about buying a electric bike speed controller that handles 1000watt motor running on I think 35v......It's has a throttle control wire witch I think I can costmize to plug into the reserver

I think most scooters us HAL sensors rather than a pot. Do scooter ones reverse?

Yes have brought 4qd from someone on the fra also bin talking to the guys from foxic and so also got a RC 6channel controller

Register To Comment