Register To Comment

Thread: Appropriate ESC for Car Seat Motor

Hi again,

So recently I bought one of those Valeo car seat motors from a Rover 75, hoping to use it in a future robot. Was just wondering what rating of ESC would be appropriate for one of these, considering it would be used to power a lifting arm? Recently I accidentally damaged one of my BotBitz 85A ESCs being used in Venator, and was hoping to take out 2 birds with one stone and buy another one, at least until/if I can get the damaged one repaired. So would an 85A ESC be appropriate for a car seat motor in a lifting arm function, or would I need a beefier one? I can't find any technical specifications on the motor other than it being 12V - I assume it's brushed, but I don't know.

If anyone has used one of these motors in the past and could recommend an ESC, that would be great thanks.

Hey Dominic, yeah it's a brushed motor. I rate them similarly to drill motors in terms of controller requirements; they used to be used in the past as drive motors for featherweights and people ran them on 30A Electronize controllers, so an 85A Botbitz ESC will be fine to run it.

Perfect, thanks Jamie!

Register To Comment