Register To Comment
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mobility Scooters .... by the dozen !

I have been fortunate enough to find a contact for mobility scooters.
    I currently have access to 15 different models, in various conditions ready to be tipped.

If anyone wants one for FREE to tinker with its Bristol M5 M4 cross over

They are deemed spares or repairs, however, the first two I collected work perfectly well with small amounts of effort.

some have no wheels, but still have hubs, or batteries removed, control boxes missing or
    plastic parts have been damaged.

There are some drive systems only available.

Is a courier an option? Only interested in motors / gearboxes and the control electronics.

If you can arrange the courier I can pallet up between 2 and 4 in one go and shrink wrap it for you.

I'm willing to get one that just needs some small work, like new batteries or wheels.

My dad needs one fo get around after the removal of a vertebra.

i'll collect the remaining units this week, and post some images up for people to pic and choose.

Any indications of pricetag?

If there are 4 matching motors somewhere in there that would be perfect! Might finally be able to prove you can build an effective budget heavy.

It's unlikely but if any of them have motors and gearboxes that look like this

http://hobby.npcrobotics.com/wp-cont...1-1024x767.jpg

I'm calling first pick on those

Once I have all the units home, its looking like most people don't want complete scooters.
    It might save me a lot of shipping issues if I strip them down and take photos of drive trains available in pairs. Its going to take me at least 2 weeks to strip them down and bin the plastics and chassis so i'll get on it this week.

All units are free, so its first come first serve and postage is down to who ever wants what if postage is not arranged within 1 week I be offering them to next in line as I don't want tons of this lying about my house the wife will go nuts !

If people want hubs/motors/matching wheels / power units or controllers can you tell me now how many I am looking for as complete scooters and how many just want drive trains so I can roughly count how many I actually need to get hold of.

When i was at the workshop on Friday there was roughly 15 in total but as previously mentioned theres a mix of brands and condition.

Please copy and paste this TEXT below as you add your forum name and what you want.. typoon is an example, feel free to change ..

i'll do my best to match people to a scooter

1- Typhoon_Driver - 2x or 4x photos drive motors and or / 2 complete scooters
    2-
    3-
    4-
    5-

Register To Comment