Register To Comment
Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Coolspeedbot: first feather weight robot

That’s a really nice robot! Although... paint it yellow, so you can be team yellow at ER events same as me haha!

I’d be interested in knowing the weight of your chassis? As back on 4th feb your post with the framework.

Quote Originally Posted by Roboteernat View Post
    That’s a really nice robot! Although... paint it yellow, so you can be team yellow at ER events same as me haha!

I’d be interested in knowing the weight of your chassis? As back on 4th feb your post with the framework.
    Haha, no chance I'm rocking blue and black. The hardox is just under 7kg but that includes the panels for the weapon arm. I spent a lot of time with the CAD and a spreadsheet to get the weight down.

Close to completion with the last few panels left to paint.

Drive pods painted and the battery holder fitted, sadly I chipped the paint and missed a few areas with the paint.

CSB 2 assembled just waiting on the weapon arm panels and top panel.

Painted on the name, not perfect but for the first go with a stencil, it came out okay.

Looks very impressive but will you be reluctant to put it into battle after a three year year build time?.
    Last edited by team death; 9th October 2019 at 20:00. Reason: missed a word

Quote Originally Posted by team death View Post
    Looks very impressive but will you be reluctant to put it into battle after a three year year build time?.
    Three years? This is CSB 2. CSB 1 fought last year at XR Maidstone (and was the one that took 18 months) this is the new one I started this build back in January.

Wow - That’s a gorgeous machine, dude. I’m hyped to see this thing drive!

CSB2 is stunning, great work!

Also, may steal your belt drive idea for the weapon, seems better than the current spring idea I have

Quote Originally Posted by dotDominic View Post
    Wow - That’s a gorgeous machine, dude. I’m hyped to see this thing drive!
    Thanks, Dom hopefully it shouldn't disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Retroman View Post
    CSB2 is stunning, great work!

Also, may steal your belt drive idea for the weapon, seems better than the current spring idea I have
    The belt drive idea I have seen used in others however the belts serve as the 3rd stage of a 3 stage reduction I based on from another featherweight called Flatpack: 12817-flatpack

The difference between mine and Harry's is that mine has a higher reduction on the planetary gearbox and is more compact.

After 10 months of work CSB 2 is ready for Extreme Robots Maidstone.

And a test drive on 4s can't wait to see what it'll do on 5s at the weekend.

CSB2 looks nuts! The blue lighting really sets it off almost too nice to fight...

Thanks for the extra info for the belt drive stuff too, helped me out massively.

Register To Comment